Author Topic: N Line for Australia...  (Read 537 times)

• au Australia
    Australia, Perth, WA
N Line for Australia...
« September 06, 2018, 10:35:08 »
As the title says. Looks like the N Line is pretty much confirmed.
Pricing is going to be the biggest hurdle here. Otherwise options would take it close the the I30N itself.

Who would be interested? Will it only be offered on new cars??

:link: Hyundai i30 N Line to launch with more noise, Michelin tyres | CarAdvice

• PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

• au Australia
    QLD
Re: N Line for Australia...
« Reply #1 : September 06, 2018, 18:12:41 »
 :goodjob2: looks wise i really really like it (better looking than current PD2, inside and of course outside). if it has the 1.6 turbo, offered in manual or 7-8 speed torque converter, and the latter priced around current SRP, I would certainly be interested to trade up in a few years...
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 18:26:33 by UX305 » »
  • 2018 PD2 2.0 Elite White

• Laughter is the best medicine. .
  • au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
  • Best Car Forum on the Net
« Reply #2 : September 06, 2018, 18:31:30 »
:goodjob2: looks wise i really really like it (better looking than current PD2). if it has the 1.6 turbo, offered in manual or 7-8 speed torque converter, and the latter priced around current SRP, I would certainly be interested to trade up in a few years...

:welcome: Yeah, I like the slightly revised front with the horizontal DRLS too. I will most likely be offered as a manual and DCT. They haven't been marrying the 1.6T with the torque converter Auto. I doubt they will now. Unfortunately (or fortunately) for existing SR owners I am sure it will be somewhere between the SR and the N in price. There is over 10K between a manual SR and a manual N, so my guess is the N line enhancements would carry maybe a 4K premium.. (similar to what the Prem over base SR does.) I might be wrong, but I seldom admit it.  :snigger:
  • MY18 PD SR & 2014 1.6 GDi Tourer (Prev had 2008  i30 CRDi & MY11 Petrol CW)

• au Australia
« Reply #3 : September 06, 2018, 19:53:29 »
They might slip the 8 speed box into it, but I reckon it would be easier to stick with the 7 speed DCT.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

• au Australia
    Perth
  • 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6 "Blue"
« Reply #4 : September 07, 2018, 09:16:41 »
I'm confused. So this is something between the SR and the current N? I thought they were touting the N as a true performance sports car - wouldn't this dilute the brand?
  • 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt turbo DCT, Blue

• au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
« Reply #5 : September 07, 2018, 18:54:47 »
I'm confused. So this is something between the SR and the current N? I thought they were touting the N as a true performance sports car - wouldn't this dilute the brand?

It is just a marketing exercise. Due to the big reaction to the N they (rightly) see an opportunity to bring in something with a few "N" inspired mods (mostly cosmetic) to boost sales further. If it is priced between the SR and N it shouldn't affect resale of either hopefully.   :cool:

• au Australia
    QLD
« Reply #6 : September 10, 2018, 02:09:47 »
hyundai marries turbo engine with 8-speed torque converted in the US (and so does VW there) if i'm not mistaken... it may be a thing in the US market but i like the smoothness and ease of torque converters and kinda hope they're made available with the turbos in Oz too... although, i have to admit i never tested the hyundai DCT on the SRs so I am not that well informed (from what i read here it is great). i only tried VW DSG and didn't like it (city test drive).

• au Australia
    Perth
« Reply #7 : September 10, 2018, 02:43:07 »
hyundai marries turbo engine with 8-speed torque converted in the US (and so does VW there) if i'm not mistaken... it may be a thing in the US market but i like the smoothness and ease of torque converters and kinda hope they're made available with the turbos in Oz too... although, i have to admit i never tested the hyundai DCT on the SRs so I am not that well informed (from what i read here it is great). i only tried VW DSG and didn't like it (city test drive).
From all reports I've read the 8 speed is a DCT box, no torque converter on performance and higher optioned models.

• au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
« Reply #8 : September 10, 2018, 04:13:53 »
From all reports I've read the 8 speed is a DCT box, no torque converter on performance and higher optioned models.

UX305 could be correct... Found this.

https://www.powertech.co.kr/en/product/rearwheel-8speed.do

As used in the Genesis G70 Etc..

and this one for the Sonata and Tucson (in the USA)

https://www.powertech.co.kr/en/product/frontwheel-8speed.do

• au Australia
    Perth
« Reply #9 : September 10, 2018, 05:01:49 »
Interesting, though neither of those articles seem to be for the i30, the first link is for rear wheel drive models only and second link is for a larger engine front wheel drive in the Sonata and Tucson.

The N when released with DCT next year is reportedly going to have the 8spd wet DCT so I'd expect a similar match up on the higher end i30 models to improve those fuel economy spec's.

• au Australia
    QLD
« Reply #10 : October 24, 2018, 08:53:43 »
:link: Hyundai launches i30 N Line model in S. Korea

"Randomly" learned that i30 N Line has been released in Korea today (and since i30s for Australia are the Korean-made ones, not Czech-made...). Judging from the short article alone, looks like it's SR, but with N styling. I like.

anything