Author Topic: ESP Off light and rev counter disabled  (Read 2254 times)

• Author
  • ie Ireland, Republic of
    Co. Dublin
Re: ESP Off light and rev counter disabled
« Reply #30 : December 25, 2018, 07:55:26 »
Hi guys Merry Christmas!!

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help with my car. Because of it I was able to make it down to my Mums for Christmas and hopefully plans made to go to Northern Ireland for New Years. It is also my Dads 10 year anniversary so I can visit his grave without any hassle.

Will post again giving in dept details as to how the car is doing but it has been starting up with no struggle and no warning lights on dash when running. Old sensor did not work when i put it back in.

Anyway thanks again and hope everybody has a nice Christmas :)
  • Hyundai i30 1.4 2010

• Laughter is the best medicine. .
  • au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
  • Best Car Forum on the Net
« Reply #31 : December 25, 2018, 11:55:13 »

Just wanted to say thanks for all the help with my car. Because of it I was able to make it down to my Mums for Christmas and hopefully plans made to go to Northern Ireland for New Years. It is also my Dads 10 year anniversary so I can visit his grave without any hassle.

Will post again giving in dept details as to how the car is doing but it has been starting up with no struggle and no warning lights on dash when running. Old sensor did not work when i put it back in.

Thanks for the feedback and best wishes to you too. Great to hear all is well now.  :goodjob:
  • MY18 PD SR & 2014 1.6 GDi Tourer (Prev had 2008  i30 CRDi & MY11 Petrol CW)

• au Australia
    Ipswich
« Reply #32 : December 25, 2018, 14:07:21 »

Nice one.  And thanks for validating the solution. Have a safe trip.
 :goodjob2:
  • 2008 i30 SLX CRDi Auto, 2010 i30CW SLX CRDi Auto. 2008 i30 CRDi SX manual, Welly

• au Australia
    Samford Valley
« Reply #33 : December 25, 2018, 16:39:56 »

Nice one.  And thanks for validating the solution. Have a safe trip.
 :goodjob2:

Best wishes from me too.
 Usually, we  spend more time at this end, nutting out possible solutions to members problems, than it takes the member to actually fix the fault.
If the solution is not validated ( which often happens) we have to start from square one the next time.

For my part, your reply has confirmed suspicions about the sensor; so I greatly appreciate your feedback, probably more than you realise.

Happy driving.  :goodjob2:
  • Every FD model; BMW Z3 M; Mitzi Magna(mobile office)

• Author
  • ie Ireland, Republic of
    Co. Dublin
« Reply #34 : January 03, 2019, 08:45:24 »
For New Years I drove from Dublin Ireland to Portrush in Northern Ireland. There and back the total distance was 340 miles so it is safe to say the car is running well now. Thnaks again guys and @Nats
  • Hyundai i30 1.4 2010