i30 Owners Club

Looking to buy SR manual,is $26,000 DA possible?

Offline geemeister

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Hi everyone
 Looking to update my old RX subaru liberty and have just noticed a few SRs getting around and they look great. I have to say Hyundai have come a long way recently as i've never considered owning one ever until now. Is 26Gs realistic for a manual?
  • i30 sr

Offline Barbarulo

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Perth

• 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6 "Blue"
In WA they retail for $29,000 with white (non-premium) paint. There's a $500 factory cash back at the moment, so I would think $26,000 is possible, but you might need to shop around. Consider a low km demo model as well.
  • 2018 SR Premium PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 1.6lt turbo DCT, Blue

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
I picked mine up for $24.990 as a demo model back in May this year,  With 3500ks

The only thing with demo's. You may not get the colour you may be after. Lucky for me, Phoenix Orange was my 2nd choice of colour.

:link: New Phoenix Orange SR :)
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline geemeister

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Wow $25 Grand that's a great price. 3500ks is as good as new. Orange is my first choice then red followed by white How do you like it.? I reckon having a regular handbrake is a bonus.
  • i30 sr

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
I wouldn't change it for the world..   And I was always going to get the Manual.   Even though they say that the DCT is both faster (not by much thou) & slightly more economical.

Its now been 5 months & I have already done 10,000ks already..     Black was my 1 choice. Then Phoenix Orange, then Sparkling Metal..
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline Cammo81

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia Nsw
I paid 25k DA for a white manual pd2 2018 sr came with mats full tank and premium plates in Nsw I’d be aiming for that 2 other dealers also would match deal but went with local dealer as I got $500 cash back and $500 fuel card for behind a mariners member
  • 2018 i30sr

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I paid 25k DA for a white manual pd2 2018 sr came with mats full tank and premium plates in Nsw I’d be aiming for that 2 other dealers also would match deal but went with local dealer as I got $500 cash back and $500 fuel card for behind a mariners member

Wow! That's a crazy deal!  :mrgreen:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline geemeister

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

That's an awesome score, which dealer were you dealing with? I'll have to check them out. How do like the new car?
  • i30 sr

Offline Cammo81

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia Nsw
Yeah it’s a great car but the tyres on it aren’t the best, I test drove at cardiff,  they did deal at 25k  pennant hills matched price but would also throw in mats and premium plates. Then local Wyong dealer matched this ( took a few days for them to call and match it) I think it’s as low as they will go for brand new None of them would entertain me when I mentioned tinting😆
  • 2018 i30sr

Offline geemeister

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Nice work, might have to change the title of heading to is $25,000 possible :)
  • i30 sr

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
I just read this, good to see we have drivers still in the forum!!
I went to Batemans Bay Hyundai soon after they first came out. the salesperson said if you want a manual, there will never be one to test drive have to order new, as manual a very rare thing.
I would only buy a manual & I think the the new SR nice!!
if I saw a demo at that price I would take any colour ( as long as it's white ).

Offline Cookie Thumper

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Valla Beach
I went to Batemans Bay Hyundai soon after they first came out. the salesperson said if you want a manual, there will never be one to test drive have to order new, as manual a very rare thing.
if I saw a demo at that price I would take any colour ( as long as it's white ).

Whilst mine is not an SR it is an ex-demo manual, the dealership had never bothered to register it  as they thought nobody would want to drive a manual demo !!
  • 2017 Active PD 2.0, Manual, Black

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW

Whilst mine is not an SR it is an ex-demo manual, the dealership had never bothered to register it  as they thought nobody would want to drive a manual demo !!

Nice one  :goodjob2: , why bring it in then  :crazy2: :rofl:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Nearly anything (that is not stupid is possible). If you are prepared to do the leg work and hold firm, and wait.

If you want 26k I would start by throwing 25k at them. Be prepared to leave your number and walk.

There are a couple of demos (one with 28km) in Qld according to carsales for $27,980 and $27,190 (1,537k).

Try to aim for cars that are in stock, because the dealers lose money every day they sit on the lot. If they have to order them they are more likley to stand firm on price (and you have to wait 6-8 weeks for them to arrive if they have to order them from Korea).

If you let them know your price and that you are ready to buy at that price, if they have one in stock somewhere that they want to clear in a hurry you will get a call.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline geemeister

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Good advice beerman, but that's the thing with manuals, no bugger has 'em stock so it's harder to bargain them down. Cammo 81 picked his up for 25Gs so maybe that's what I should aim at.

Took an auto one for a drive today cause they didn't have a manual, said they were getting one in at end of the month in blue but said  that if someone comes in and buys it well my bad luck. All good cause I don't want a blue one anyway.
  • i30 sr

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Good advice beerman, but that's the thing with manuals, no bugger has 'em stock so it's harder to bargain them down. Cammo 81 picked his up for 25Gs so maybe that's what I should aim at.

Took an auto one for a drive today cause they didn't have a manual, said they were getting one in at end of the month in blue but said  that if someone comes in and buys it well my bad luck. All good cause I don't want a blue one anyway.

I bet they say that to all the boys.....

What colour do you want?

Offline geemeister

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
Red cause orange is being phased out.

:link: 2017 Hyundai i30 SR Manual MY18-OAG-AD-15753288

$70 to fly to Brisbane and a nice drive home......

Offline geemeister

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
wow they've had it for a year and it's only done 1500 Ks. Clearly not to many test drives and no ones bought in that time which probably explains why they don't get them. Still trying to make it sound better with the wording of the safety pack gear that the manual doesn't have.
  • i30 sr

Offline geemeister

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
I'll bring cammo81 with me cause he will beat them down to $25000 :D
  • i30 sr

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
I would send them an email offer 25.5k and say I can fly up next week.

Offline Cammo81

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Australia Nsw
The best way to get a good price is to pretend you will get financing with the dealership ( they earn good coin doing this) do it after you arrange you own finance or have the cash ready to go as I did
  • 2018 i30sr

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal