Author Topic: Advice regarding miss-fueling of a Diesel vehicle  (Read 2401 times)

• Laughter is the best medicine. .
  • au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
  • Best Car Forum on the Net
Advice regarding miss-fueling of a Diesel vehicle
« October 13, 2018, 00:36:51 »
Not sure where the best place to put this was, but decided I might sticky this here.

It might seem unlikely, but I have known some virtual Einsteins who have miss-fueled their Diesel cars... :-[ :snigger:

In fact i highly recommend fitting a miss-fueling device like this if you are new to diesel motoring or have a mix of vehicles.

Here is one on Ebay

:link: New Genuine SoloDiesel Diesel Engine Protection Misfuelling Prevention Fuel Cap | eBay

Some  Automobile associations sell them cheaper. (Cheap insurance)

:link: Solo Diesel Fuel Cap: SD2 Thread | RAA

Here is one of Auto Expert's better videos explaining the risk (I'm surprised he doesn't suggest a device as above)

:link: What to do if you put petrol (gasoline) in a diesel car | Auto Expert John Cadogan - YouTube

• '19 Hybrid Camry & '19 Kona Active 1.6 (Prev had four i30's incl SR and CRDi)

• au Australia
    Perth
Re: Advice regarding miss-fueling of a Diesel vehicle
« Reply #1 : October 13, 2018, 01:23:51 »
Iíve done it myself once :) spending more time in the other vehicles was just used to grabbing the other pump, plus being distracted by hot chic at the servo :D

Didnít realise till Iíd completely filled it and put the pump back in place :head_knock: luckily the servo had a siphon so just had to remove the 60ltrs of premium fuel Iíd added/wasted and replace with diesel and she was good to go :)

• au Australia
    Ipswich
« Reply #2 : October 13, 2018, 03:53:20 »
Well if you realise at the time then best thing would be not to crank the engine, push it aside and drain the tank. then refuel with diesel.
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

• Laughter is the best medicine. .
  • Author
  • au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
  • Best Car Forum on the Net
« Reply #3 : October 13, 2018, 04:15:03 »
Well if you realise at the time then best thing would be not to crank the engine, push it aside and drain the tank. then refuel with diesel.

The Einstein I know  :winker: got his i30 towed to a nearby workshop and drained/cleaned. Cost "him" about $150 + a tank of fuel I think.  :disapp:
  • '19 Hybrid Camry & '19 Kona Active 1.6 (Prev had four i30's incl SR and CRDi)

• au Australia
    Ipswich
« Reply #4 : October 13, 2018, 04:18:25 »

The Einstein I know  :winker: got his i30 towed to a nearby workshop and drained/cleaned. Cost "him" about $150 + a tank of fuel I think.  :disapp:
Sounds like it was worth every penny
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal