Author Topic: Windscreen washer reservoir capacity  (Read 145 times)

• au Australia
    Queensland, Brisbane
Windscreen washer reservoir capacity
« November 16, 2018, 03:06:37 »
I was searching for the capacity for the windscreen washer reservoir on my 2017 PD i30 5 door hatch. The dashboard kindly notified me that the level was getting low after my first 5000kms of driving.

I could not find the capacity anywhere. I read Terry Tís thread but no definitive results there unfortunately.

Today I made up 5 litres of washer mixture and filled the reservoir. This was from totally empty to half way up the filler spout.

Capacity was 4.5 litres.

That is a quite a large capacity I think.

• 2017 PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0, Auto, Iron Grey

• Laughter is the best medicine. .
  • au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
  • Best Car Forum on the Net
Re: Windscreen washer reservoir capacity
« Reply #1 : November 16, 2018, 03:43:58 »
I was searching for the capacity for the windscreen washer reservoir on my 2017 PD i30 5 door hatch. The dashboard kindly notified me that the level was getting low after my first 5000kms of driving.

I could not find the capacity anywhere. I read Terry Tís thread but no definitive results there unfortunately.

Today I made up 5 litres of washer mixture and filled the reservoir. This was from totally empty to half way up the filler spout.

Capacity was 4.5 litres.

That is a quite a large capacity I think.

It is quite large. You must use yours a lot. I use mine a fair bit so try and top it up regularly. I'm always surprised how little it takes (usually about a litre)  :cool:
  • MY18 PD SR & 2014 1.6 GDi Tourer (Prev had 2008  i30 CRDi & MY11 Petrol CW)

• au Australia
    Perth
Re: Windscreen washer reservoir capacity
« Reply #2 : November 16, 2018, 03:55:43 »
I think that's less than the GD washer capacity, fairly sure I put at least 6ltrs in it :undecided: been ages since I've done it so I'll make note of it next time and write it down in the book so I don't forget.

anything