I30 PD Racechip now available. For 2017-2019

JRi30 · 72 · 25443

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I've just ordered the RS from Cherry Tuning & Performance today and they've confirmed for me I'll have it in 2 weeks.

Looking forward to seeing the difference from stock.
:goodjob: looking forward to getting your feedback.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
I've just ordered the RS from Cherry Tuning & Performance today and they've confirmed for me I'll have it in 2 weeks.

I received mine amazingly just last week.  Actually arrived in 8 days from Germany..
Here are my throughts from just the past week or so.

So far so good. Iv'e not had a lot of driving since installing. Due to having a bit of a headcold since Friday & generally not feeling well.

Iv'e mainly driven on map 4. And does that make a difference. Just a lot more responsive, especially in 3rd & 4th gear (manual) around town. Where without it felt quite flat.
Of course it feels great in 1st & 2nd. But always felt it dropped away in 3rd & 4th. Not anymore. And that's only with map 4 so far.
Also feels heaps better just cruising on the freeway in 6th. So far I'm very happy with it. Traction again can be a problem in 1st & 2nd. Even with my 235 wide Pirelli P Zero's
I have read other reviews saying it completely transforms the car. I wouldn't go that far. But it is something you can definitely feel by the seat of you pants.
I went with the App version. So I can change on the fly, or if the Mrs is driving lol. Pick below shows the app. You can have each Eco, Sport, Race. And put whatever map (6 maps) on that you wish.
With the non App version, you can only do that by adjusting the screw on the Racechip unit itself. They are separate units as well. You can't add the App to the non App version.

Ok.. After a bit more time with the Racechip fitted..

Been driving around mainly on Map 4. **** it make a difference. I have got I30N wheels on my car with the 235/35 19 Pirelli P Zero's.
Even on Map 4, in 1st & 2nd there is less traction that it was std with the factory I30 SR wheels & 225/40 18 Hankook tyres.
It's been hard with the current weather we have been having. But fuel economy looks to be slightly up. But only around 0.1 - 0.3 lt/100
Mainly freeway driving to work ( Mandurah to Murdoch) But with rain & wind. It's prob pretty close..

Now Map 6... Now does this make a difference!! Does it bloody what! 1st & 2nd traction is, well not much of it lol. You need to be careful with the throttle.
But when you get it right.. Takes off like a scalded cat.. 3rd gear now is almost like what 2nd gear is std. Though most of the power seems to be higher up in the RPM.

The down side to Map 6.. Fuel usage. Not from just putting your foot down. but even just normal cruising.. IE: Normally at 110kp/h on cruise control.
The instant fuel readout std, reads between 6.0 - 6.4 lt/100. With Map 6, it was reading 7.4 - 7.8 lt/100. 6am Sunday morning coming home from work.
And the average for the entire trip home was 7.5 lt/100 Where normally std its around the 6.2 lt/100. And I have only been running 95 octane since Iv'e had the car

I am very, very happy with it so far. Even just driving around on Map 4, Just makes it just that little more peppy & responsive 

I also had a word with Racechip. The equivalent Map on the "RS" to the "S" version is between Maps 3 & 4. So Map 4 would be the best to try out.

Peter
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Cheers Pete, Great feedback and a nice birthday present for you...  :victory:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Doyourbiz

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia

I received mine amazingly just last week.  Actually arrived in 8 days from Germany..

So far so good. Iv'e not had a lot of driving since installing. Due to having a bit of a headcold since Friday & generally not feeling well.

Iv'e mainly driven on map 4. And does that make a difference. Just a lot more responsive, especially in 3rd & 4th gear (manual) around town. Where without it felt quite flat.
Of course it feels great in 1st & 2nd. But always felt it dropped away in 3rd & 4th. Not anymore. And that's only with map 4 so far.
Also feels heaps better just cruising on the freeway in 6th. So far I'm very happy with it. Traction again can be a problem in 1st & 2nd. Even with my 235 wide Pirelli P Zero's
I have read other reviews saying it completely transforms the car. I wouldn't go that far. But it is something you can definitely feel by the seat of you pants.
I went with the App version. So I can change on the fly, or if the Mrs is driving lol. Pick below shows the app. You can have each Eco, Sport, Race. And put whatever map (6 maps) on that you wish.
With the non App version, you can only do that by adjusting the screw on the Racechip unit itself. They are separate units as well. You can't add the App to the non App version.

Been driving around mainly on Map 4. **** it make a difference. I have got I30N wheels on my car with the 235/35 19 Pirelli P Zero's.
Even on Map 4, in 1st & 2nd there is less traction that it was std with the factory I30 SR wheels & 225/40 18 Hankook tyres.
It's been hard with the current weather we have been having. But fuel economy looks to be slightly up. But only around 0.1 - 0.3 lt/100
Mainly freeway driving to work ( Mandurah to Murdoch) But with rain & wind. It's prob pretty close..

Now Map 6... Now does this make a difference!! Does it bloody what! 1st & 2nd traction is, well not much of it lol. You need to be careful with the throttle.
But when you get it right.. Takes off like a scalded cat.. 3rd gear now is almost like what 2nd gear is std. Though most of the power seems to be higher up in the RPM.

The down side to Map 6.. Fuel usage. Not from just putting your foot down. but even just normal cruising.. IE: Normally at 110kp/h on cruise control.
The instant fuel readout std, reads between 6.0 - 6.4 lt/100. With Map 6, it was reading 7.4 - 7.8 lt/100. 6am Sunday morning coming home from work.
And the average for the entire trip home was 7.5 lt/100 Where normally std its around the 6.2 lt/100. And I have only been running 95 octane since Iv'e had the car

I am very, very happy with it so far. Even just driving around on Map 4, Just makes it just that little more peppy & responsive 

I also had a word with Racechip. The equivalent Map on the "RS" to the "S" version is between Maps 3 & 4. So Map 4 would be the best to try out.

Peter

Did you start off on map 4 or do you have to gradually advance from map 1 up to 4?

And from what it sounds like was it a case of the car having a bit of a learning period before the full effects were apparent?
  • 2018 i30 N-Line Premium 1.6T Polar White

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
Cheers Pete, Great feedback and a nice birthday present for you...  :victory:

Cheers Dazz.  Yeah, it finally arrived after a long wait.

Peter

Did you start off on map 4 or do you have to gradually advance from map 1 up to 4?

And from what it sounds like was it a case of the car having a bit of a learning period before the full effects were apparent?

You can start off on any map that you like.  As Iv'e got the bluetooth version, I can change the maps very easy.
The unit without bluetooth, you have to change each map via a screwdriver on the Racechip module itself.
I would do most of my driving with it on Map 4. And putting it up to Map 6 when I wish to have a bit more fun..

Offline Doyourbiz

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
Turns out the shop I ordered my Racehip from were having issues with supply delays from the Australian distributor so I canned my order and they're doing a flash tune for me this week instead.

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
Turns out the shop I ordered my Racehip from were having issues with supply delays from the Australian distributor so I canned my order and they're doing a flash tune for me this week instead.

Can I ask what shop you ordered it from in the 1st place ??

Offline Doyourbiz

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney, Australia
Cherry Tuning & Performance.

Offline sdodo

• 2nd Gear

• it Italy
Hi guys,
i started using racechip in 2011 on my first i30 crdi 90hp.
Now, with my new PD 1.6 Crdi U3 engine 115hp (new Euro6 spec), no racechip available.
so i can't wait and i've ordered the equivalent KIA Ceed 2019 racechip for U3 engine and all is ok.
working good, started from tuning position 3 , no errors , no alarms. (just a little issue with the cable for connecting the chip to the rail...but from Germany they send me the right cable....they need a picture of the connector in order to send me the right one....)
tuning position 4 is also ok, but it seems a little more uncertain response under 2000rpm, so i prefer the pos3 tuning.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 16:43:43 by sdodo »
  • 2019 PD (MkIII), 1.6crdi 115HP, Auto

Offline gabrielezamboni

• 2nd Gear

• VIC
hey how racechip going on your car after a while
no problem ?
and could you keep the warranty with hyundai
thanks
  • 2020 hyundai I30 N Line manual polar white

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
thanks
If Hyundai know you've chipped the vehicle you can kiss your warranty goodbye, though with the Racechip you can also unplug and remove it prior to visiting any service centre.

Offline asdetail

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      gold coast
thanks
If Hyundai know you've chipped the vehicle you can kiss your warranty goodbye, though with the Racechip you can also unplug and remove it prior to visiting any service centre.

Agree, however, there is possible long term damage to engine and gearbox from operating parameters neither unit was designed to handle to consider as well, trade for an N if the sr/n-line is not satisfactory, i have seen major engine problems surface in the past from the use of a "piggy back" tuning box on a cruze sri 1.6t back in 2014 :scared:
  • 2019 i30 n-line dct

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal