i30 Owners Club

Hyundai i30 blue drive need info

Offline richiemkd

• 1st Gear

• mk Macedonia
      Skopje, Macedonia
Hi guys. In the last couple of days I have read a lot of articles about blue drive on Hyundai i30.
I have Hyundai i30 cw (2010 year) 1.4 petrol/LPG 16v blue drive gpl. I just both the car.
 I have read all that I could find about blue drive but I still don`t understand do I have all of the options that blue drive offers. One of the options is start stop system but I haven`t noticed that my car has this options.
How can I find out what do I have on my car. How to check?
And what is the meaning of gpl?
Thank you.
  • 2010 FD 5 Door Wagon CW, Petrol/Gas 1.4, 5 Speed Manual, Silver

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome,

We don't get the blue drive models in Australia, but almost certain it does have stop start feature. Unfortunately, Hyundai haven't been very good at getting this feature to work consistently. There are too many parameters which need to be met for it to work consistently. There are several posts on here about these parameters. One of the main ones is a strong battery charge. The good news is it makes minimal difference to fuel economy and isn't that pleasant to use.

I'm on the way out but hopefully someone else has time to find an applicable thread amd posta  link here.

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline richiemkd

• 1st Gear

• mk Macedonia
      Skopje, Macedonia
Thanks for the response. I have a new battery but start stop is not working. I haven`t noticed.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Here are a few threads about the ISG...

:link: ISG Not Working

:link: AGM Batteries and ISG Information

:link: ISG Fuel Saving - a Test

Think there is another covering all the parameters when it doesn't work but couldn't find it.

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club

Offline richiemkd

• 1st Gear

• mk Macedonia
      Skopje, Macedonia
I was driving on gas/lpg maybe that is the issue? If I drive on petrol maybe then it will work. Anyone has any experience on this?

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I was driving on gas/lpg maybe that is the issue? If I drive on petrol maybe then it will work. Anyone has any experience on this?

Wow! That  is interesting. I assume it is an aftermarket modification? Cant recall the last time some one with a dual fuel i30 posted on here. Very rare.

I can't believe I didn't notice the dual fuel reference in your 1st post. Certainly worth a try in Petrol mode.

If it has been modified then some functions may not work as originally intended. So you didn't get an owner's manual with it? We have links to owner's manual downloads in our Technical section. I've never noticed any refernce to dual fuel models in them but must admit I haven't looked specifically.

:link: TECHNICAL DATA

Edit: Can't see any mention of Dual fuel in this article.

:link: Hyundai i30 - Wikipedia

Offline richiemkd

• 1st Gear

• mk Macedonia
      Skopje, Macedonia

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:link: Hyundai i30 ecoLPG - exceptionally average | gazeo.com,report,8027.html

Thanks for that. Well that was interesting. We have never got the 1.4 engine in an i30 in Australia and certainly no Dual Fuel models out of the factory.

They must have been a very poor seller as mentions of either FD or GD Dual Fuel models on here have been almost non-existent despite the club being close to 11 years old!

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal