i30 Owners Club

How to change the order of the phone contacts list?

Offline alandlol

• 1st Gear

• Victoria, Australia
After pairing my iphone with my 2013 i30 elite, I discovered the order of the names on the car phone was arranged differently than that on the iphone. For some reason a name like "joe and Mary" is listed under "A", (it obviously picked out the A in the name???)  This is very annoying as the names are jumbled compared to the order that they are in on the iphone (ie. in alphabetical order, christian name first.)
Does anyone please know how to fix the order to match the phone? There doesn't seem to be any settings in the car phone to change it.
Thanks,
Allan.
  • 2013 Hyundai i30

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcome: Allan,
Wish I could help but I'm an Android guy..   :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The contacts list is displayed correctly in alphabetical order on my GD-03 head unit and iPhone 7+, head units usually just replicate the contacts list from the phone "when downloaded" so there is generally no need for custom contact settings.

If not already done try deleting contacts from the unit...then delete/remove phone and unit from each other...then pair the device again and re-download the contacts list, sorry I cant help much more but I don't have your specific unit.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal