i30 Owners Club

i30 2008 diesel CW crdi transmission disengage during driving

abuchi · 13 · 4973

Offline abuchi

• 1st Gear

• se Sweden
      Norrbotten
Hi everyone, am new in the site, i have the i30 2008 diesel CW crdi the transmission disengage during driving and will not engage again until after sometimes, then it  engage and start working, sometimes i can drive up to 100km before it disengage , some from the starting point it will not engage in any gear at all, front or back. Have anyone such problem before, what can i do , the vehicle is out of warrant. Pls help.
  • i30

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hi everyone, am new in the site, i have the i30 2008 diesel CW crdi the transmission disengage during driving and will not engage again until after sometimes, then it  engage and start working, sometimes i can drive up to 100km before it disengage , some from the starting point it will not engage in any gear at all, front or back. Have anyone such problem before, what can i do , the vehicle is out of warrant. Pls help.
I presume it's auto.

Has the transmission ever had a fluid change?  Could be yet another valve body issue.  Hard to pinpoint it over the web, check fluid level / condition.

I think you need someone qualified to do some checks on the transmission. Could be a number of things I'm afraid., maybe even electronic issue, pressures, ???
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
As above. Fluid level ?

Please specify "transmission" is it auto?
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline abuchi

• 1st Gear

• se Sweden
      Norrbotten
Hi, Thanks, very much for your reply, just check up with Hyundai and oil and filter was changed at 10000km, now the car is at 19500km, i want to change the oil with filter, but  wants to know the simple metod that  dirty oil alone can course gear failure , how, or do i need to remove the VB and control if there is any loose soldering within the connection. like today i drove the car for about 50km and nothing happend. I need more info as i want to do the whole  control during oil changing. Thanks again for your contribution. 
  • i30

Offline abuchi

• 1st Gear

• se Sweden
      Norrbotten

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
You have a car that's 11 years old that's only done 19500 km and it last oil change was at 10000 km so on an average does that mean that the last change was 5 years ago?

Ae we talking Transmission fluid change or engine oil and filter change? Not 100000 K and now done 195000K.

I think in this case a quick search should dig up some info especially youtube

:link: How To Fix Transmission A4CF2 Shift Problems / Check Engine Errors - YouTube
:link: A4CF2 Multiple solenoid codes - YouTube
:link: A4CF1/A4CF2 valve body removal - YouTube
:link: A4CF2 without Valve Body - YouTube
:link: A4CF2 HARNESS CHANGE PART 2 - YouTube
:link: A4CF2 Transmission Blury Video - YouTube
:link: A4CF2 Harness Change Part5 - YouTube

https://www.i30ownersclub.com/forum/index.php?action=search#gsc.tab=0

search A4CF2 , valve body

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
OP is from Sweden. They usually talk about mils. 1 mil = 10km. I assume there was mishap with kms and mils.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
OP is from Sweden. They usually talk about mils. 1 mil = 10km. I assume there was mishap with kms and mils.
Right, thanks. I'm assuming a factor of ten is missing here  :goodjob2:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
oil and filter was changed at 10000km, now the car is at 19500km,

:phone1: Now...I think 10,000 Swedish km = 1,000 miles, which in the other world = 1,600 km.

Therefore the car is at 1,950 Miles.

Possible the Swedish fluid quantities are unusual?  ;)
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
 :lol: love this stuff.
Close conversion.

Miles to km
Mile times 1.6 converts to km. 1000 mile x 1.6 = 1600 kms

Km to miles
Km time 0.66 converts to miles. 1600 km x 0.6 = 960 miles

So 9500 miles x 1.6 = 15, 200km
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Their mil is not a mile. It is just a unit they use which is 10 km. It is a pain to read their used car sites. You never know if the car is low mileage or are they using their own weird units.

There is SI system where all measureable units are told and people shoud use it. It is time to let go inches, miles, "mils", pounds and gallons. Meters, litres and kilograms is the right way  :D

I had to google it. Their "mils" are officially 'scandinavian miles'...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 03:29:40 by sundiz »
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Their mil is not a mile. It is just a unit they use which is 10 km. It is a pain to read their used car sites. You never know if the car is low mileage or are they using their own weird units.

There is SI system where all measureable units are told and people shoud use it. It is time to let go inches, miles, "mils", pounds and gallons. Meters, litres and kilograms is the right way  :D

WTF !   :crazy1:  :head_knock:   :head_butt:
Thanks !, I think  :undecided:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
miles, "mils", pounds and gallons. Meters, litres and kilograms is the right way  :D

Thanks mate...we'll sleep better knowing this.  :scared:

Could abuchi's fluid quantities be USA gallons X old UK gallons divided by 10 scando gallons, taken to the nearest litre.  :whistler:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal