i30 Owners Club

Kona Go. Any thoughts?

Offline Beardyboy

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
A work colleague bought a 1.6T AWD Kona highlander DCT in July 2018 and loves it.

She was a bit nervous when my 2018 i30 SR DCT started to develop the starting and other issues about the same time she took delivery of the kona, but she has never had any issues with hers. Ive driven it on a couple of occasions and would say that the interior seems pretty hard wearing, its quiet and punchy...in fact it drove better than my i30.

• Formerly a 2018 PD2 SR DCT, White (Lemon)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Very interesting feedback thanks. Like I said after having had three as loaners in various combos plus an intial test drive of a couple when first released. I quite like them now. Biggest issue for me is price versus i30.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Since I first posted, and kind of said its not for me; I started to notice the bloody things everywhere.
I conclude they are still a non-descript vehicle, but a quite popular one.  :cool:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

I got a call from Motors I think they missed me. Wanted me to come and have a look at their demos to see if there was anything that interested me. I said have you got a Camry Hybrid?  :evil:

Anyway I liked what they did with this orange Kona Go.. looks great with the bigger black alloys! Sharp price + cash back and 3 free services.  Be a nice little car for Trish but she is conservative with colours..  :spitty:

I don't normally like black cars, but black works on the Kona too!

I actually took a  Diesel Tucson for a spin it was a SE (Special Edition) with most of the goodies including Auto Cruise which worked well. It had the 1000 km range I miss from my Diesel and Hybrid days, but the brakes felt wooden and acceleration lazy after my SR. Rode nicely and felt very solid but didn't fall in love.  :undecided:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Im into red cars, but the more subtle and MATURE black combo does it for me.  :cool:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Just spent a couple of hours in my son's Kona.
Goddamn it's a nice vehicle.
And that 1.6T is really toey.

Only issue he has with it is the CC which lets the speed run too far over before applying the brakes on a downhill run.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Just spent a couple of hours in my son's Kona.
Goddamn it's a nice vehicle.
And that 1.6T is really toey.

Only issue he has with it is the CC which lets the speed run too far over before applying the brakes on a downhill run.

Yeah, that's one think I hate with a lot of vehicle but love with mine. Hybrids generally hold speed well down hills too due to the regenerative braking. I think the diesel Tucson I drove the other day had a button to assist with hill descents but with Automated cruise I didn't need to use it.  :cool:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal