Ford Focus Fortnight For Four Feels Fully Forgettable

AlanHo · 4 · 3616

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
We are on our way home today after a most enjoyable two week holiday on the Portuguese Agarve with two old friends.

I hired a Ford Focus Auto Diesel Estate which cost us a total of 220 euros for the period with unlimited miles and insurance. I have my own annual excess cover policy which cost £49 for the year so was able to decline the expensive excess cover offered by the car hire company.

We  covered a total of 1380 km touring and pottering about - according to the trip recorder the car averaged 44.8 l/100km for the period.

I was not over-impressed with the car. It was roomy, comfortable and drove OK, the gearbox was smooth with hardly perceptible gear-changes but the engine sounded harsh and there was a lot of cabin noise. It handled well and rode the numerous speed bumps fairly smoothly. It is a car I will remember only because its sat-nav display was truly excellent. Much better than my KIA .  This was spoiled by the fact that the car was 15 months old but the maps were certainly at least 4 to 5 years out of date. Large chunks of the A22 Algarve motorway (a toll road) were missing so I relied on my trusty and up-to-date Garmin Nuvi to help us get about. It was a base model and lacked parking sensors and reversing camera.

Overall the car was bland - nothing bad enough to complain about but totally lacking in character or any wow factor.

On this evidence I'm surprised they sell so well in Europe.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ

Offline stkman

• 2nd Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Auckland, NZ

• 2008 1.6 cRDi manual Elite in Stone Black
Interesting you say that Alan.

I was given a 2016 2 litre Ford Focus diesel with DCT which my 2008 1.6 diesel FD i30 was in the shop recently. Could wait to get back to my 240,000 km plus Hyundai. I preferred everything about my i30 over the Focus.

Just my opinion ...

Andrew
  • 2008 1.6 manual diesel Elite

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
44.8 l/100km
:Shocked:

My fffferkin fffforefinger got sssstuck in the fffour kkkkey. should have been fffff4.8
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal