i30 Owners Club

7 year service (79500 actual kms) - Service fun at a dealer

pidim · 4 · 1995

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Ya gotta love service time. 

Got quoted to $153 for a coolant change, so thought I'd do it, since it's never had one.  Sounds expensive but the tax man can pay for that one.

My favourite try-on was the "decarb" today.  They want $240. I have no idea what that means... obviously a no go on that one.

The other one was a "rusty" drive belt and they recommend it changed.  I asked for a photo to be shown so I can check.  The guy came back and showed me the pic and said that he thought it looked good and did not think I needed it after all...LOL

Will probably get auto transmission fluid changed on next service.  By then the car would have done 90,000km and be 8 yrs old

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
With the auto fluid. I would get it flushed at an automatic expert. Unless things have changed since I last inquired they just drop they fluid and replace. Which leaves some of the old stuff to mingle with the new.

With the inflation dealers put on, probably won't be much in it price wise.
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
With the auto fluid. I would get it flushed at an automatic expert. Unless things have changed since I last inquired they just drop they fluid and replace. Which leaves some of the old stuff to mingle with the new.

With the inflation dealers put on, probably won't be much in it price wise.

Thanks for that. Do you know of a good auto expert in Sydney?

Offline beerman

• V.I.P

• au Australia
No sorry mate I'm in QLD
  • A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her..

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal