Author Topic: Swapped Licence Plate globes to LED's  (Read 100 times)

• au Australia
    South Australia
  • Adelaide Hills and beyond
Swapped Licence Plate globes to LED's
« April 14, 2019, 05:49:37 »
As per the title I decided I'd try and see what the difference was between the stock globes and LED's and as it turns out it's rather chalk and cheese...

:link: 2X CANBUS T10 12V W5W 7020 COOL WHITE LED CAR TAIL SIDE LIGHTS TURN PARK BULB | eBay

This will hopefully make the ass end a bit more noticeable especially in poor visibility conditions.

Also while I'm here, (as a PSA) after installing both LED's, neither of them worked...great :disapp:
Turns out they're polarity sensitive and that I'd installed them both incorrectly and after turning them both 180 they were both good to go...phew :head_knock:

Forgot to add that I've got reversing light replacements on the way as well, which should make a difference for reversing camera picture quality in low light situations.

• 2018 PD 5 Door Hatch Petrol 2.0lt Manual Go Platinum Silver

• Use it or lose it!
  • au Australia
    Adelaide
  • Callsign GUNZ
Re: Swapped Licence Plate globes to LED's
« Reply #1 : April 14, 2019, 06:24:40 »
Yes, nice thing about Light Emitting DIODES is that they naturally conduct in only one direction, so putting them in the wrong way just makes them block flow, not blow up. :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG's PDSRPremAuto

• Author
  • au Australia
    South Australia
« Reply #2 : April 14, 2019, 06:27:33 »
Yes, nice thing about Light Emitting DIODES is that they naturally conduct in only one direction, so putting them in the wrong way just makes them block flow, not blow up. :lol:
And for that I'm truly grateful! :P

• au Australia
    Perth
« Reply #3 : April 14, 2019, 06:37:20 »
Looks much better :goodjob2:

Classic Car LED's have just released their new indicator bulbs as well if you'd like a nice upgrade to them, as long as your bulbs are the BAU15S type :undecided: :link: 1 x Canbus BRIGHT AMBER LED INDICATOR BULB No Hyperflash BAU15S PY21W ? Classic Car LEDs Ltd

• Author
  • au Australia
    South Australia
« Reply #4 : April 14, 2019, 06:59:12 »
Looks much better :goodjob2:

Classic Car LED's have just released their new indicator bulbs as well if you'd like a nice upgrade to them, as long as your bulbs are the BAU15S type :undecided: :link: 1 x Canbus BRIGHT AMBER LED INDICATOR BULB No Hyperflash BAU15S PY21W ? Classic Car LEDs Ltd
Those are on the "to do" list as well later on down the track, and yeah from memory they are the bulb type too :goodjob2: