i30 Owners Club

Wiring to the roof microphone

Offline torbaytony

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Torquay, Devon
Hello ALL.
My ex police car had no radio so I  purchased on the net and got one with BT and it works well to the point I can hear everyone but they cant hear me when on the phone, and that's because there is no microphone in the car. I bought a genuine one from Hyundai and removed the roof lining to fit it and also to fill in the holes left by the blue lights they fitted and removed(shame).
The roof lining wiring plug behind the left window cover has lots of wires to it but the roof loom is only wired for a rear passenger courtesy light that works with the door switches.
Can anyone tell me if the socket with all the wires has the connection to the radio for the microphone please

Thanks in anticipation.   Tony
  • 2013, I30 GD, 1.6 CRDI

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I was just thinking maybe it would be cheaper and easier to get the whole roof lining with the harnesss and Mic etc.

Anyway, see if any of this helps. Looking for a solid black and solid white insulated cables. Pins 23 and 24 at MR11(connector at the A pillar)

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline torbaytony

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Torquay, Devon
Thank you TW2005 that has been very helpful but I have just put all the covers back. I have not yet been able to get a replacement roof lining because they do not want to post it, probably it is fragile.
I have just fitted a new microphone to the lining but had to cut its plug off and hard wire some screened cable to it and fed that along the lining and down the A post ready to wire into the plug MR11 when I get to it again which wont be too long.
I will repost when I have done that

Thanks again

Tony
  • 2013, I30 GD, 1.6 CRDI

Offline stpmazic

• 1st Gear

• cs Serbia
Thank you @tw2005  for the diagrams!

Currently, I am in the phase of making an estimate is it worth both money and effort to install Bluetooth microphone in my i30 2013. What I found out so far is not promising - there are only 13 wires in MR11 main harness connector, and only 3 wires continue to the roof via MR11 roof harness connector.

tw2005, can you please post connector MR11 main/roof harness connector pinout so that I can assess the situation, or even better, inform me where can I find such diagrams myself?

Thanks,
Stefan
  • Hyundai i30 1.4 DOHC 5VR GL (2013)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal