i30 Owners Club

Glow plugs

Misha · 62 · 15054

Offline Misha

• 2nd Gear
  • Sir Newb

• au Australia
      ACT
After a small hiatus overseas I've come back and changed over my 4 diesel injectors and changed the oil+filter over.
Few things.

Defiantly leaking oil from somewhere on the left side of engine bay, as there was a reasonable amount of oil on the bottom plastic cover/hanging off the bottom of a pipe when i took it off to change my oil(which i washed last time i did it, so i know it was clean 5000km ago).It's probly gone down 3-4~mm oil level on the stick since i changed it last, as i slightly overfilled it last time, now it was exactly at the Full mark when i went to change it this time

Changing out the injectors, 2 of which(don't know which ones) where replaced by Hyundai at the end of 2015 (3 months out of warrenty :/)
Injectors 1 & 4 where 0445110 256 and both marked 1 & 4 . Injectors 2 & 3 where 0445110255 and unmarked.

All came out easily, all with a bit of oil around the injector, i assume that's normal.

Pulling out injectors 3 & 4 both came out with a large pool of fuel with it, aswell as injector 3 finding a hard foriegn piece of plastic that was at the bottom of the hole.

Good news is i'm getting the fuel economy closer to what i used to get a few years ago, the past week i've been getting between 5.0-6.5 around the city(yes i drive like a conservative grandma......  :needspecscleaning:), as opposed to the 7.5-8.0 I was getting before i replaced injectors(Tho I felt like it was still using more fuel than what it was saying as ive been filling it up way more than i was used to).

Bad news, that damn 'wobbling' noise and rough idleing(~1000rpm) after cold engine start is still there. Even with aircon off, and with drive belt off its still there. So im still lost  :crazy1: :crazy1: :crazy1: Tho is starts on a dime now, first time every time !!!!!

I used a poor mans stethoscope like @nzenigma suggested a while back, but couldn't localize the sound, best i could pin point was left side of engine, back was nothing, right was nothing, top and front mostly nothing till you started getting to left side.
 :spitty: :spitty:
  • 2010 DIESEL 1.6lt CRDi (BUILT MAY 10), AUTO SLX FD5DSLX16D31, black

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Hi Misha.

Went looking for you in Krakow  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Time passes so I will have to look at our  past discussion. Glad the new injectors solved some problems.

Oil leak on left side will be the crank oil seal.. Quite doable job DIY  :wink:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal