i30 Owners Club

Dazzler's 2019 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Android Auto)

Dazzler · 104 · 15881

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Long term members will be used to me swapping cars.. Between the wife and I we've had 8 different cars since I helped to co-found the club 11 years ago, including 4 x i30's and 2 Hybrid Camrys.

Many of you will know we've also been doing a lot of long road trips lately. Now the SR has been amazing at filling the shoes of our previous car (2014 Holden Calais V) but we have missed the extra boot space and comfort of a larger car. The SR does a great job for its size considering it has 18" wheels with low profile tyres, but the seats are pretty firm even with Sheepskin seat covers on.

Fuel economy has certainly been impressive too.. Averaging around 7.2 L/100 kilometres over the first 57,000 kilometres. Yes, that's right, we've done 57,000 kms already and she's not 2 years old until the end of June.

When the latest Camry came out last year I was impressed with the styling of the Ascent Sport in particular and did take one for a test drive. I wasn't wowed because it didn't seem as zippy around town as my previous 2012 Hybrid Camry, but I think some of that was the fact the little SR has spoilt me in that regard. The SR is definitely a nicer drive in the town from a zippiness point of view.

On the other hand I do enjoy the quietness of Hybrids and the demo I drove, did get up and boogie when needed. The interior isn't perfect but it is a lot better than my 2012 model. Trish prefers the integrated entertainment system rather than the Tablet style that has become so popular.

So anyway, I ordered one in frosted white (metallic) about 2 weeks ago, but due to demand (now almost 45% of Camrys sold are hybrid) and also due to battery shortages I have to wait 4 months or so. No firm delivery date available yet! (I hate waiting)  :Pout: But I love new cars...  :happydance:

Most agree the new Camry is one of the better looking versions to have been released but not too keen on the fake vents near the tail lights. The Hybrid only gets twin exhausts on the left hand side unlike the V6 which gets quads.. So the first thing I'll do when it arrives is get a dummy pair of twin pipes for the other side (at least there's a spot for them already)  :evil: :goodjob:

Here's a few shots of a car similar to mine.

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

BTW, this one is rated at 4.2 L/100 kms economy overall!

My 2010 was rated at 5.7 I think and I used to average 6.1 or thereabouts.

The 2012 was rated at 5.2 and I averaged around 5.7 from memory..

So, I'm hoping for (well) under 5.0 L/100 kms from this one.  :DoubleKiss: :fingers:

The other benefit over my SR is the 15K service intervals with the first 5 fixed at $195.

The two things that most annoyed me about the SR were the 10K service intervals (I actually had to have one service at Tweed Heads NSW) and the way the car is vented so you nearly always have to shut the doors twice!  :crazy2:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Almost as good as Firty. :whistler: :lol:
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

That little buzz box...  :snigger:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

That little buzz box...  :snigger:

@The Gonz hope you know I was joking my friend... you know how fond of the FD CRDi I am...

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Of course, Dazz, don't overthink it. :lol: :victory:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Gonz, MATE, this is a giant mea culpa.

@The Gonz

members will be used to me swapping cars..

Many of you will know.... we have missed the extra boot space   ( :rolleyes: that's what I miss when I blatt the Z3)

, that's right, we've done 57,000 kms already  ( ooooh so old :whistler:)

When the Camry came out last year I was impressed  (  :crazy2: he was about to be crunched by dealer) ( cockroach parlance)

On the other hand ( here comes the 'its not me' crap   :spitty:) Trish prefers......... :undecided:

So anyway
, ( still the nonchalant ) about 2 weeks minutes ago,( now the 'I was So Right' phase  :snigger:)... due to demand ...due to battery shortages I have to wait 4 months or a lot more.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dealer sold the only one he had to another wally  :happydance:

Most agree (really? :faint: :scared:).... its better looking , but has to have  a dummy pair of twin pipes . :tease:

« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 17:59:45 by nzenigma »
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Think I'm banned.,.  :snigger:
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Gonz, MATE, this is a giant mea culpa.

@The Gonz

members will be used to me swapping cars..

Many of you will know.... we have missed the extra boot space   ( :rolleyes: that's what I miss when I blatt the Z3)

, that's right, we've done 57,000 kms already  ( ooooh so old :whistler:)

When the Camry came out last year I was impressed  (  :crazy2: he was about to be crunched by dealer) ( cockroach parlance)

On the other hand ( here comes the 'its not me' crap   :spitty:) Trish prefers......... :undecided:

So anyway
, ( still the nonchalant ) about 2 weeks minutes ago,( now the 'I was So Right' phase  :snigger:)... due to demand ...due to battery shortages I have to wait 4 months or a lot more.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dealer sold the only one he had to another wally  :happydance:

Most agree (really? :faint: :scared:).... its better looking , but has to have  a dummy pair of twin pipes . :tease:

:utterrubbish: :evil:  :TutTut: :kissmyass: :tease: :toldyou:  :harhar:  :harhar:  :laughter: :rofl: :goodjob2: :goodjob:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
@Dazzler

:mrgreen: Glad you took it so well mate  :twisted:

My few idle moments.  :rolleyes:

Much of my last year in Uni was spent doing "Critical Discourse Analysis", which is not as boring as it seems, if you are a nerd.  :undecided:

Even the position of an in-text picture (top left or middle right etc.) will have bearing on the message.

PS: Hope the car comes sooner and its all you ever wanted. Gary  :goodjob2:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

@Dazzler

:mrgreen: Glad you took it so well mate  :twisted:

My few idle moments.  :rolleyes:

Much of my last year in Uni was spent doing "Critical Discourse Analysis", which is not as boring as it seems, if you are a nerd.  :undecided:

Even the position of an in-text picture (top left or middle right etc.) will have bearing on the message.

PS: Hope the car comes sooner and its all you ever wanted. Gary  :goodjob2:

Cheers Mate, Since I was a fat kid at school I've always reckoned it is better to be stirred than ignored.  :goodjob:

It won't be all I've ever wanted , because it won't have auto wipers and a height adjustable passenger seat (but I wasn't paying an extra 10K for the top model just to get those two features...)  :crazy1:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I wasn't paying an extra 10K for the top model just to get those two features...
There's always eBay  :whistler:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

It won't be all I've ever wanted , because it won't have auto wipers and a height adjustable passenger seat (but I wasn't paying an extra 10K for the top model just to get those two features...)  :crazy1:

Not sure if C4 Bruce is top model, but Im finding things like that, electric every which way seat, auto wipers and lights, permanent sunroof :wacko:, and auto motor off and start at traffic lights. All fully explained in an illegible handbook.
Also the dash you hate is by Versace, thats why it looks like a handbag.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Not sure if C4 Bruce is top model, but Im finding things like that, electric every which way seat, auto wipers and lights, permanent sunroof :wacko:, and auto motor off and start at traffic lights. All fully explained in an illegible handbook.

That explains it... I never wanted a handbag. :victory:

Mine has a most of those features, but I didn't want a sunroof anyway. The driver's seat has multiple electric adjustments. It has auto on and auto dipping headlights and stop start.

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.

That explains it... I never wanted a handbag. :victory:

Mine has a most of those features, but I didn't want a sunroof anyway. The driver's seat has multiple electric adjustments. It has auto on and auto dipping headlights and stop start.
And it's "Butt Ugly".  :happydance:
Sorry. :-[
Most of it looks good. :goodjob2:
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
And it's "Butt Ugly". 
Sorry.
Most of it looks good.
But does saying it's butt ugly mean its butt is ugly? :snigger:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
And it's "Butt Ugly". 
Sorry.
Most of it looks good.

Exactly!

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
And it's "Butt Ugly". 
Sorry.
Most of it looks good.

Exactly!

wadeup yu lot, :'(  over here you take whatever the French decide to dish up.

Butt ugly, ??  Seems 'Bruce' was  the wrong name.  :whistler:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
vilain derriere :whistler:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
 Oui, il n'est pas vilain  .   :winker:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Starting to get excited now after reading this great wrap in the car buyers guide (my exact model featured) should be here by end of August. It really is a no brainer for our sort of driving...

Offline galixia

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
Starting to get excited now after reading this great wrap in the car buyers guide (my exact model featured) should be here by end of August. It really is a no brainer for our sort of driving...

Lucky you don't do much driving mate  :P Because that unsupportive drivers seat would be a killer if you did. They are nice cars. I wanted one but the missus wouldn't let me spend the extra 10k on a accent sport hybrid.
  • 2018 I30 Active

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Lucky you don't do much driving mate  :P Because that unsupportive drivers seat would be a killer if you did. They are nice cars. I wanted one but the missus wouldn't let me spend the extra 10k on a accent sport hybrid.

Yeah, I don't think the seats are that bad, but we put thick sheepskin seat covers on and sometimes even an extra layer of foam or a cushion between the seat and the seat cover... :goodjob:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Ok been away,................. has it arrived yet?  No reports  :crazy1: No close half-brothers ramming you  :crazy1: It must still be safely aboard some tramp steamer heading for Hobart...... True?  :cool:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Ok been away,................. has it arrived yet?  No reports  :crazy1: No close half-brothers ramming you  :crazy1: It must still be safely aboard some tramp steamer heading for Hobart...... True?  :cool:

Should be arriving in Darwin! some time this week I think. By the time it's freighted to Tassie and prepped I'm not expecting to see it until the end of the month...  :goodjob:

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
enjoy  :goodjob2: :goodjob2: :goodjob2: when ever.  :mrgreen:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW

Should be arriving in Darwin! some time this week I think. By the time it's freighted to Tassie and prepped I'm not expecting to see it until the end of the month...  :goodjob:
Funny how it's still going to Darwin first, leave on boat take to Vic   ??
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

Funny how it's still going to Darwin first, leave on boat take to Vic   ??

Some clever bugger sold Darwin Port to China.   :head_knock:  China is not happy...   :disapp:

"Big wait time Joe! But you no worry Joe, my brother use it as #1 Uber Darwin to Tasmania. Make you some bucks. Your lucky month Joe! "

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

If they took price of airfares and fuel off, I'd be happy to drive it home!  :idea: :happydance: :goodjob:

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
If they took price of airfares and fuel off, I'd be happy to drive it home!  :idea: :happydance: :goodjob:
But by then itd have so many klms on it you'd have to trade it in. 😄

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal