i30 Owners Club

Dazzler's 2019 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Android Auto)

Dazzler · 104 · 15884

Offline mrpayner

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat
Dazz, what have you gone and done???!!!???   :lol: :lol: :lol:

Credit: Carscoops
  • 2019 Hyundai i30 N-Line Premium - 1.6lt T - DCT - Fluidic Metal

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Jeepers! Sometimes I try to act like I'm a stud, but that's crazy!  :crazy1: :Shocked:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
That may lift 'The Office' a tad.  :happydance: :happydance:

Unfortunately, its an 'only in America' thing;  assuming the front is the same, it would probably be illegal in Oz.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Have to say Dazz, those wheels on your car are spectacular in the flesh.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Have to say Dazz, those wheels on your car are spectacular in the flesh.
Thanks Trev, certainly a big improvement on the stock ones. :victory:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Just got an email from Toyota saying I can have Android Auto and Apple Carplay added to my 2 month old Camry for only $199. Not happy Jan... when I get a chance I'll be going in to negotiate a lot better deal than that... should be free.  :crazy1:

Offline mrpayner

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat
Good luck! I tried to do that with the AA/AP update for the Mazda before I bought it [available 1 month after purchase] .. they gave me a discount but it should have been a scaled approach [newer cars cheaper, older cars more exxy, etc.]
  • 2019 Hyundai i30 N-Line Premium - 1.6lt T - DCT - Fluidic Metal

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Just got an email from Toyota saying I can have Android Auto and Apple Carplay added to my 2 month old Camry for only $199. Not happy Jan... when I get a chance I'll be going in to negotiate a lot better deal than that... should be free.  :crazy1:
That’s thievery  :disapp:  200 bucks for a 10 minute update :crazy1:

Damn rite it should be free on such a new car, Japanese car makers should be quite ashamed they’re so far behind their Korean cousins.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 13:54:56 by CraigB »

Online pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Especially given the sales pitch prior to this being rolled out was that there was no need to wait before buying the car - implication is what it would have been free for recent purchases.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Maybe I should give her another little tweak to make her look more like this...

:link: Toyota Camry, Corolla and Avalon Get Epic Widebody Transformations - autoevolution

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
God Damn! !,
 someone has gotten a hold of some brilliant drugs and is not holding back in partaking of them!   :eek: :Shocked:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Had my $195 , 15,000 kilometre on Friday. I said I'd like the Android Auto upgrade applied if you will do it for no charge. Not interested at $199.

Anyway, to cut a long story short. I got the freebie and it works very well. The way the Camry screen is laid out I think it will be more user friendly than AA was in my SR.

Because I have set up a wireless charger in the Camry I reckon I'll only plug the phone in so I can use AA on our mainland road trips where I need navigation.  I seldom need that in Tassie.

Unfortunately our next mainland road trip has been deferred indefinitely due to other family commitments.   :Pout: :fum:

Offline galixia

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
So i was looking though product recalls as i do and saw this one about Camry seatbelts then was wondering if seat belts are even required in Tassie?

:link: Toyota Motor Corporation ? Toyota Camry and Toyota Camry Hybrid MY2019 and Toyota Coaster MY2019-2020 | Product Safety Australia
  • 2018 I30 Active

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

So i was looking though product recalls as i do and saw this one about Camry seatbelts then was wondering if seat belts are even required in Tassie?

:link: Toyota Motor Corporation ? Toyota Camry and Toyota Camry Hybrid MY2019 and Toyota Coaster MY2019-2020 | Product Safety Australia

Cheers for that. Yes a mate spotted that and because the Vin number list was oddly sorted I double checked with the Dealer (mine wasn't on the list)

We only have population of 500K but get much more than that in Tourists each year and some got their licenses out of a wheaties packet, so I reckon we need every safety device we can get. I think these tourists feature disproportionately in the accident stats as do Motorcyclists in the fatality figures down here. :Pout:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal