i30 Owners Club

Esc won’t turn off

cpatz · 3 · 3129

Offline cpatz

• 1st Gear

• Thame
Hi

I’m new to this forum and I’m really hoping you can help.

My 2013 i30 just failed it’s mot because the esc off switch is not functioning, basically when you press it to turn the esc off nothing happens.

The esc is functioning properly, no warning lights on dash etc and when you start up the car both esc and esc off lights illuminate briefly as they should.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as Hyundai are charging a small fortune to even look at it

The headlamp levelling motor has also stopped working so this is a fail too. Does anyone know what fuse this would be as I’m really struggling with the manual. If it isn’t the fuse does anyone know how easy it is to change the motor over?

Thanks in advance
Craig
  • Hyundai i30 tourer

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
 :welcome: Craig,

Hope someone car help. They are both quite rare issues from my experience on here. Bit of a right pain isn't it.

We are lucky in Tasmania, no regular vehicle checks unless you let your registration lapse or get picked up by the authorities for something obvious like lights not working or bald tyres.

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline cpatz

• 1st Gear

• Thame
Yeah fingers crossed. Seems ludicrous that my car fails it’s mot because you can’t turn one of the safety features off!!

Hopefully somebody can save me and my wallet from the main dealer
  • Hyundai i30 tourer

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal