i30 Owners Club

Mecha Problem on single CD player

Offline mentalboy1

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hi

I have a standard CD player single slot. I put in a CD and load error came up so I tried to eject and MECHA ERROR come up and keeps whirring. All other parts of radio work fine. How do I get the CD out. Also before this happened it sometimes skips tracks, maybe related?
  • i30 Hatchback 1.4 petrol manual 2009 dark grey

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I don't have one handy to look at, but often there is a small hole near the CD slot that you can poke something thin into like a straightened paper clip which helps to manually eject the stuck disc. Not sure if the FD i30 has one though.

Failing that, you could try disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for say 30 minutes minimum. this will reset things including the Audio. Sounds like the CD mech is on the way out after 10 years but this might allow you to eject the disc when you reconnect the battery.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline mentalboy1

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
ok maybe time for a new head unit! Does anyone know If I can put an upgraded Hyundai one in with Bluetooth would that automatically work even thou I don't have the phone controls on my steering wheel as I don't have the top spec model.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

ok maybe time for a new head unit! Does anyone know If I can put an upgraded Hyundai one in with Bluetooth would that automatically work even thou I don't have the phone controls on my steering wheel as I don't have the top spec model.
There are quite a few threads on here about doing that, but @CraigB is our resident expert so I'll leave it to him to answer that in more detail...

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
There are quite a few threads on here about doing that, but @CraigB is our resident expert so I'll leave it to him to answer that in more detail...
Not with an FD :Pout: at the vehicle age getting another factory stereo is still going to be aged, I’d be looking at getting an after market system fitted if were me.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Not with an FD :Pout: at the vehicle age getting another factory stereo is still going to be aged, I’d be looking at getting an after market system fitted if were me.

Sorry, got confused (forgot sub had an FD)  :head_butt:

Someone recently put an aftermarket one in an FD. Wonder if I can find the thread! Had a bit of a look, but no luck.  :undecided:

Offline mentalboy1

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
ok cheers, may being thick but does FD mean? Was thinking maybe I should save up for an after market one with adapter to make my steering controls work

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

ok cheers, may being thick but does FD mean? Was thinking maybe I should save up for an after market one with adapter to make my steering controls work

FD is the model you have (series 1 i30) series 2 was GD and current series is known as PD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal