Author Topic: Wheel alignment adjustment with active lane keep assist  (Read 157 times)

A quick question: does having active lane keep assist mean that wheel alignment adjustment has to be carried out by a main dealer.?

• Laughter is the best medicine. .
  • au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
  • Best Car Forum on the Net
Re: Wheel alignment adjustment with active lane keep assist
« Reply #1 : June 10, 2019, 06:40:33 »
A quick question: does having active lane keep assist mean that wheel alignment adjustment has to be carried out by a main dealer.?

I don't think so. When I got new Tyres on mine the Tyre place just did it as normal. The alignment settings are what they are.  :cool:

Active lane keep assist is electronic not mechanical.  :undecided:
  • MY18 PD SR & 2019 Kona Active 1.6T  (prev owned 3 other 130's incl a diesel)

« Reply #2 : June 10, 2019, 06:50:55 »
Thanks for your quick reply.
I'll be having new front tyres soon and would like the wheel alignment checked as the inner shoulders have worn quicker than the rest of the tread. I think I read somewhere that on some cars the active lane keep assist sensors have to be recalibrated after wheel alignment adjustment and that only main dealers can do this.

• au Australia
    Perth WA
« Reply #3 : June 10, 2019, 07:08:41 »
The lane assist is done by the camera in the front of the rear view mirror, has no connection to the front wheel. The computer than issues the warning based on the image and steering wheel input if needed/available. You should be fine with the tyre place doing the alignment.
  • 2017 i30 Elite PD

« Reply #4 : June 10, 2019, 07:22:34 »
Once again: thank you for your quick response.
Controversially, perhaps, I intend staying with Hankooks.

• Laughter is the best medicine. .
  • au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
  • Best Car Forum on the Net
« Reply #5 : June 10, 2019, 08:07:15 »

Hankooks aren't really that bad. There are a lot worse tyres out there. They aren't as good as the Michelins on bitumen but are much better on gravel.

If I was rating them out of 10, I would rate the Michelin pilot sport 4's a 9 and the Hankooks about a 7 .. there are lots of cheap and nasties out there that would rate under 5.
  • MY18 PD SR & 2019 Kona Active 1.6T  (prev owned 3 other 130's incl a diesel)

• Tyre Guru
  • au Australia
    Caloundra, Queensland.
« Reply #6 : June 10, 2019, 16:35:58 »

Hankooks aren't really that bad. There are a lot worse tyres out there. They aren't as good as the Michelins on bitumen but are much better on gravel.

If I was rating them out of 10, I would rate the Michelin pilot sport 4's a 9 and the Hankooks about a 7 .. there are lots of cheap and nasties out there that would rate under 5.
There wear rate on my FD was horrendous.
They were fine in the dry and dangerous in the wet.
Probably not the same as the current version though.
  • 2013 Toyota Corolla Ascent Sport 6sp Manual. formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

anything