i30 Owners Club

2018 i30 Trophy Hatch: wet mats

tlha · 10 · 4515

Offline tlha

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Interesting issue.

We have a July 2018 i30 Trophy Hatch. We have been away for a month and went out in it the night we got home - noticed the inside of rear window covered in moisture (put it down to car not been used for that time and a cold night). However, the next day I went to get something off the drivers side rear foot well and found the mat was wet - lifted it out and found it was dripping wet with water!!!!! Went down to the dealership and they did a quick check and believe there is a leak with the roof mounted (at the rear) radio antenna (car does not have a sunroof). The car is booked in next week to find the leak/s and fix.

Has anybody had issues with water leaks beside this post?
  • 2018 PD2 i30 Trophy 5 door Hatch, Petrol 2.0 Ltr, Auto, Red

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome tlha,

Reports of water leaks have been few and far between in the 11 years we have been operating.  Let's hope if any have occured without being reported, the owner sees your post.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline tlha

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Its now been at the dealership for 5 working days and cause has not been found!!!

I was advised in today's update that the interior of the car has been "dismantled" and the issue has been raised with Hyundai Australia (I am hoping they become pro-active in the investigation).

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Thanks for the update. Sounds like they are being proactive.  Did you get a complimentary loan car? :cool:

Offline tlha

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
It has taken a while (over a week) but the cause of the water leak has been found - there is a "seam of some sort" in the driver compartment/engine firewall around the drivers left knee where the factory build applied sealant (guessing about 80 mm long - the service managers thumb and first finger apart) wasn't applied. The back engine bay water draining vents have some drain path through here.

Still waiting for replacement sealant, carpets, etc and will not get vehicle back until the 9th of August at the earliest.

Disappointingly I have had no contact/response from Hyundai Australia apart from the following after I used the "Hyundai Customer Care" link on their web page (dealership name replaced with XXXXXX):
snip-----------------
Customer Care (Hyundai Customer Care)
Jul 24, 12:13 PM AEST
Hi Terry,

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to hear about the concern on your vehicle.

Kindly be advised that your concerns have been logged under case no. 30275504.

Rest assured that XXXXXXX Hyundai is currently communicating with the National Technical Department in regards to the concerns you have mentioned.

The dealership will be able to update you on the progress.

Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

unsip---------------

My biggest concern now is "will there be any rust related issues going forward that will make the vehicle structurally unsafe in case of an accident."

Offline tlha

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
Regarding a loan car, I asked the service adviser a couple of times but "their loan cars were all booked out" and as I am retired and have a second vehicle I didn't push it.

Last Friday I went to the dealership spoke to the service manager as I had no idea the status of the issue/repair (I had previously called the service department twice and only been called by them once in the 8 working days). It was then I was told by him that the cause has been found and they were still waiting for replacement parts. I told him my second vehicle needed servicing and he agreed to provide a loan vehicle whilst that was happening.

I'm looking forward to doing a customer survey - not hard to guess what the "customer communication" response is going to be for the dealership and Hyundai Australia!!!

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
When you read stories like this you have to wonder, how many others may be affected given all this is done by robots?
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Regarding a loan car, I asked the service adviser a couple of times but "their loan cars were all booked out" and as I am retired and have a second vehicle I didn't push it.

Last Friday I went to the dealership spoke to the service manager as I had no idea the status of the issue/repair (I had previously called the service department twice and only been called by them once in the 8 working days). It was then I was told by him that the cause has been found and they were still waiting for replacement parts. I told him my second vehicle needed servicing and he agreed to provide a loan vehicle whilst that was happening.

I'm looking forward to doing a customer survey - not hard to guess what the "customer communication" response is going to be for the dealership and Hyundai Australia!!!

Not really good enough is it! I must admit I do get looked after really well loan car wise by our local Dealer. The fact I have bought something like 7 cars from them and have a strong association with this club (co-founder) may have something to do with it though...

In the circumstances, especially now they have identified the problem, they should be bending over backwards to look after you.)  :Pout:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Provided everything gets dried out properly I can't imagine rust being an issue.  :undecided:

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Provided everything gets dried out properly I can't imagine rust being an issue.  :undecided:
Agree with Dazz, all steel sheets are coated now days.
Smell would be a bigger issue if not totally dry.
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal