i30 Owners Club

2010, 2.0L i30 hatch lowering.

lilrhay · 14 · 3860

Offline lilrhay

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland, Brisbane
Hey guys this is my first post here on I30 Owners Club.
I've had my i30 for a while now and I'm wanting to start getting into modifying the car.
i was wondering if anyone else with the same car has lowered it and what time of price tag will i be looking at. (any pics of their car lowered would be amasing too!)

thanks guys in advance, ill be looking more and more into the threads as I've got lots of things to ask about! ;).

here's a pic of mine ;)

• 2010 Hatch, 2.0L, Auto, Silver

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
King Springs Australia make them for FD models, you'll have to call them for price as they're made to order and depending on how low you want will decide if adjustable rear trailing arms are required, lowered sport shocks might also be needed :undecided:

Eibach also make them and they're roughly $800 fitted.

I think there is also a few popular brands like Pedders that do Coil overs, researching some advice via suspension shops will give you a greater knowledge of what you're up for :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 21:36:16 by CraigB »

Offline AlanHo

• Global Moderator
  • Geriatric Teenager

• england England
      Solihull, UK

• 2021 KIA Niro 3 1.6 Petrol Hybrid
Before you do it, look into the implcations with your insurance.

It may be different in Australia, but in the UK lowering is regarded by insurers as a higher risk and the premium will increase.

One of my grandsons lowered his Golf plus fitted new alloys and low profile tyres, he was hit with a 30% increase in insurance.
  • 2021 KIA Niro3 1.6 petrol Hybrid

Offline lilrhay

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland, Brisbane
hey guys, im getting my 2010 FD i30 2.0L lowered in the next couple days and thought ill make a thread to show the updates.
so im getting new king springs and struts (basically the whole kit done)
hopefully getting 50mm off.

ill be putting some picks of the car now and after in the next few days

basically all that is done at the moment is a sports muffler been fitted.
for the near future ill be: lowering the car (ofc  :lol:), getting new dark tint, full sports exhaust system, an OEM spoiler fitted. annnnnnnd if im feeling ricey ill be getting a clean body kit.  :crazy1:

ill be keeping the updates on the thread as well as adding some pictures shortly.

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
@lilrhay I merged your two topics so it's all kept together.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sounds like fun! Enjoy!  :victory:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline lilrhay

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland, Brisbane
hey everyone, was wondering if anyone knows any mechanics Brisbane or Gold Coast ways that would be able to fit a set of coilovers im thinking of buying. (ive put a link below)
also with that does anyone know the round about price something like fitting coilovers would cost?

here's the link of the coil overs im thinking of getting, annnnd if anyone knows any other ones that will be better im open.

:link: Hyundai I30 (FD) 07~12 DGR High Performance Coilovers - Otaku Garage

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

Wow! that seems a lot! I could get about 16 great massages for that much!  :eek:

I guess my priorities are different to an 18 y/o...  :whistler:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Firstly you should be taking it to a suspension shop for fitting, they be able to set the levels and spring rates correctly and complete the alignment.

If you had bought the coil overs through the suspension shop it would probably be around $200 fitting but as you're turning up bearing gifts maybe $300-400 :Dunno: time to start phoning around and get yourself some quotes.

Offline lilrhay

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland, Brisbane
Wow! that seems a lot! I could get about 16 great massages for that much!  :eek:

I guess my priorities are different to an 18 y/o...  :whistler:

hahaha it is true, its alot, but im trying to really make it nice.
heres a pic of what my goals are for the car  :crazy1:

image upload

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
lilrhay, I've merged your topics again, please try to keep all related matter to the same topic as it makes it much easier for others to follow your process.

Offline lilrhay

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland, Brisbane
Firstly you should be taking it to a suspension shop for fitting, they be able to set the levels and spring rates correctly and complete the alignment.

If you had bought the coil overs through the suspension shop it would probably be around $200 fitting but as you're turning up bearing gifts maybe $300-400 :Dunno: time to start phoning around and get yourself some quotes.

so i havent brought them yet and ive had a meeting with a mechanic at Jax Tyres, they've given me a quote for just shy of 2k  :eek:
so im just looking around for a cheaper option at the moment. but im starting to think Jax Tyres will be they way to go  :crazy1:

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
The coil overs are $1200...which makes $800 quite expensive for installation imo so I'd be getting several more quotes first before deciding.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

:whsaid:

Get as many quotes as you can (there is no great rush is there?) When you find the cheapest or the one you like the best, google for reviews of the parts and installers. Don't stress if say one review out of 10 is negative, you will be looking for a trend. If 9 out of 10 (for example) are positive then you are on to a good thing.  :cool:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal