i30 Owners Club

I30 2012 Classic 1.4 Windscreen no air coming from vents

Reese · 7 · 4685

Offline Reese

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Hello. I currently own an Hyundai i30 Classic 2012 and I noticed today after heavy rain that the windscreen fogged up quickly. At first I thought it was because of my wet shoes that it was taking longer then normal to demist. I put my hand on the passenger side windscreen vent and air was coming out very faintly as that side was clearing faster where as the driver side was almost not at all. I was wondering if this would be an easy fix and how I would do it. Thank you.
  • Hyundai I30 Classic 1.4

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
First/cheapest thing to try is replace the pollen filter (behind the glove box).

Eurocarparts is a good place to look for a replacement unless you can bag a cheap original on ebay.

Also check you have the aircon on and not set to re-circulate cabin air.

Offline Reese

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Thank you for the fast reply. I can confirm it was not on the re-circulation button and I will look into grabbing one of these filters. Can it be any on ebay that say they will fit a hyundai i30 and is it easy to get to behind the glove box?

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

Easiest way to get the right filter is to take the one out and look at the part number  - if its a hyndai one the part number is stamped on the side. Else someone with a mk2 will tell you the part number soon no doubt.

The glove boxes are held in by a clip on slow-opening slider on the left and two rubber bushes on the inside of the box - they will either slide or turn, not sure on this model. Takes 2 mns when you are used to doing it.

Watch you don't break the clips on the filter cover.

There will be other videos - this is the first one google returned
:link: Hyundai i30 cabin air filter install - YouTube1

You dont' need the fancy red filter....

Offline Reese

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
Okay thank you I will probably open it up tomorrow at some point and get the code. Just one more question if you don't mind... How would I tell if the filter needs a replacing when I take it out? Would you see that its horrible?

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

it will be dirty and full of seeds and grit. If its clean and new look then that's not the problem.

Often get overlooked in the service even if they are supposed to replace them. I change every 12 months.

Hyundai one is a plain white filter. after market ones come  as plain white filter or grey active charcoal - they have the benefit of removing some odours.

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
As you seem to indicate it was ok prior to the heavy rain, check the air intake area grill infront of the front window for leaves etc just in case is blocked.

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal