i30 Owners Club

Centre console power supplies

Offline Moonhogg

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      East Yorkshire
Hi,
I have a 2015 i30 crd, which has two "cigarette lighter" power supplies in the centre console. I use one for a dashcam, one for my satnav.
The left one has failed. It's not the accessory - they both work in the right supply, neither works in the left.
In the owner's manual it seems there is only one common fuse, so does anyone have any idea if this is something I can repair easily (I'm not a techie type), am I missing another fuse, or is it a main dealer job?
Thanks in advance.
  • 2017 I30 1.6 SE Nav CRDI

Offline StokeyBry

• 2nd Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Stoke on Trent United kingdom
Yes it’s only the one 15A fuse that I can see. Sometimes a bit of dust or dirt can affect the connection, other than that if it’s been unplugged and plugged a lot it may of worn out.
If you are capable you can take the component out and switch them over to test it for sure, it would require removing facia panels and ac controls which is relatively easy and you should be able to do a quick change of wires on both sockets

I also have two spare power sockets which I could post one to you if you find out that one is faulty
  • I30 2013 GD 5 Door Hatchback Petrol 1.4 Manual Active

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yes it’s only the one 15A fuse that I can see. Sometimes a bit of dust or dirt can affect the connection, other than that if it’s been unplugged and plugged a lot it may of worn out.
If you are capable you can take the component out and switch them over to test it for sure, it would require removing facia panels and ac controls which is relatively easy and you should be able to do a quick change of wires on both sockets

I also have two spare power sockets which I could post one to you if you find out that one is faulty

Gee that's a kind offer. No wonder I love our members! :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I find them bulky, which is why I've installed USB sockets instead, as well as Qi wireless pad
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Moonhogg

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      East Yorkshire
I'll have a try at that when I can get a spare weekend. Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on that, I really appreciate it! :goodjob:
  • 2017 I30 1.6 SE Nav CRDI

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal