i30 Owners Club

Turbo for i30 se 2013?

Offline Bazza2401

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Townsville Australia
Does anyone know if you can install a turbo in a i30 se 2013 2 door automatic?
Any information would be great thanks! And if possible how much it’ll be!
  • I30 se 2013 2 door

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Buy the time you’ve bought the turbo and the rest of the associated parts required plus fitting-tuning-labour it actually works out cheaper to buy a wrecked Veloster or PD i30 and swap the engine - gearbox - driveline and brakes.
ECU modifications would still be required, even better if you’re able to purchase an ecu from one of the UK 2 door turbos.

You would have to ring around for costs, not cheap :)

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
So much work , time , money,  engineers reports and effort for a sleeper .
Probably quicker, cheaper and headache free to buy a Veloster or PD.
But, if you still feel the need for   :Shocked:  :cool:   :evil: how about a nice bottle of nitrous,  easy to remove if defected too. 
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
When I first bought my car I put a request into Sprintex Superchargers for a bolt on kit similar to what they designed for the Honda Jazz :link: HONDA FIT/JAZZ

Not enough vehicles around like mine to have made it a worthwhile build for them unfortunately :Pout:

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
@CraigB are all your performance mods on your 2 door in one thread you can share with Bazza?
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
@CraigB are all your performance mods on your 2 door in one thread you can share with Bazza?
They're all over the place :whistler: can start with extractors :link: 2012-2018 Veloster 4-1 Header - Shark Racing with custom exhaust, upgrade the catalytic to a gen 4 or higher to prevent post o2 sensor faults.

Big bore throttle body :link: 2012-2018 Veloster 1.6 Big Bore Throttle Body - Shark Racing I purchased a throttle body off a 1.8ltr from wreckers and tapped in the breather and removed the water lines, fits perfectly and gives 60mm bore to match intake manifold.

Open up the Airbox as mentioned in this topic :link: Air intake revisited

When finished with all that you can then get someone to play with the ECU, limited to timing advances and air/fuel ratio changes but can add another 10kw on top of the other mods

« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 13:20:09 by CraigB »

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Does anyone know if you can install a turbo in a i30 se 2013 2 door automatic?

Craig's  thoughts about using a wreck motor is more practical.

To just boost a 2013 motor is  :Dunno: , hooked up to an auto :Dunno: running standard suspension? :Dunno:

I would rather rebuild the wrecked Turbo Veloster
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal