Author Topic: In praise of the i30 SR/N-Line  (Read 347 times)

• Laughter is the best medicine. .
  • au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
  • Best Car Forum on the Net
In praise of the i30 SR/N-Line
« September 25, 2019, 18:04:38 »
I'm not going to go over old ground as I've said plenty on here about the "features and benefits" of my 2017 i30 PD SR.

Now that she's traded after doing around 66,500 kilometres in 26 and a half months I just thought I'd post a few words.

Basically all I want to say is the SR/N-Line is a brilliant car. Aside from a few QC issues (like warm start problems) which I fortunately didn't have, it definitely punches well above its weight.

It always amazed me how well it filled the shoes of the Holden Calais V that I had previously (which was also awesome)

I think the biggest strength of the SR/N-Line is the overall balance of features/ value/ performance/ Economy and user friendliness.

I could count things that needed improving on one hand and some of those can be negated by paying the extra money for the Premium Version.

In the case of my SR probably the worst thing which wasn't easily fixable was Road/Tyre noise. The headlights  could have also been better but I fixed that with aftermarket ones (or pay the extra and get the Premium with LED's)

I'm really struggling to come up with much else to complain about. Maybe the ride which could be a bit jiggly on certain roads with the 40 series tyres on 18" wheels.. but I think that's it. The suspension tune was pretty close to perfect though and it was probably the best handling car I've owned.

It's a real testament to the SR that I can easily come up with more faults on my new Hybrid (relatively minor ones) and most of my other cars that the i30.

Must say, we loved all four i30's we had for different reasons.

Long live the i30!

• MY18 PD SR & 2019 Kona Active 1.6T  (prev owned 3 other 130's incl a diesel)