i30 Owners Club

PD model headlight variations

Offline miked_nz

• 1st Gear

• nz New Zealand
      Auckland NZ
Hi everyone, first post so hello all!
I have a PD i30 SR, and need to replace the left hand headlight. I'm confused about how to make sure I order the correct one, as I've seen some are Halogen, some LED, etc.

Mine is LED, but again, I don't know if there are multiple different versions of the LED headlight. Does anyone know if there is only one variation of LED headlights (for RHD models), or can someone point me to a good online parts catalogue where I could check?

Thanks
  • i30 SR 2017 DCT

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome,

It can get complicated as you are discovering! In Australia the Base model, non Premium SR gets Halogen while the Premium model SR gets the LED. I only had the Non Premium SR but I understand there may be another difference between the SR and SR Premium lights because over here the Premium uses the DRLs as front indicators while the non premium doesn't. Does your NZ version have the dual purpose DRLs?

I'm often amazed just how many variations in spec there are around the world, on similar models. You would think Hyundai Australia and NZ would work together, but specs are often very different. We don't have huge numbers of active NZ members and obviously they are split between different series and models.

Hopefully someone can help. Why not talk to the spare parts department of your local dealer for info and pricing. Then shop around. Good luck with it.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal