i30 Owners Club

BCM & trunk door issues

sundiz · 7 · 3829

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Evereything worked normally before I closed the trunk door. I loaded my trunk with stuff and when I closed the trunk door I instantly got this feeling that it did not sound & feel right. I tried immediately open the trunk door with no luck. Went to open rear side door the see if the car had locked all its doors. All other locks were open. I went to look the instrument cluster, as it shows if some of the doors are open. It was all black. No mileage, no door pictures. I crawled over the pile of stuff In the trunk and opened it manually from the inside. Closed and opened it but was not able to get it working properly from the outside. Then I noticed that the remote key forb will not work anymore. Either one of them. I started to assume that the rear door did something to the BCM or there is something wrong with the rear door which causes the BCM to act up.

I tried to find the BCM fuse but did not find it. I measured the rear door fuse and it was OK. Car starts and when it is running the rear door opens from the handle outside. When the engine is running the dash display shows that the trunk door is open, even it is closed.

I am currently on a trip, with no access to my service manual. Any tips?
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Room LP Fuse 15A in the fuse box powers the BCM . Is the interior light working at all, even using the internal switch?
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Obviously with th edisplay this was with the car off, just as you open the door?

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I'm thinking the problem may be internal on that rear latch as the contacts for indicating open or closed are contained within. maybe that has shorted?

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Thanks fw2005. Fuse was blown.

New fuse and now it works.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Last week has been quite challenging when it comes to weather. We've had water in different forms: liquid, slush and snow. Also temps have been going up and down zero, so lot of moisture and condensation. Few times couple drips have been dropping on the trunk foor when I opened the door. I assume there is moisture inside the trunk door. I'll have to wait till I have access to larger garage. I will take the trunk door panel out to see inside. Now the weather is against me and can't do it outside.

When I sold trunk door wiring to a forum member, he said his original wiring was all rusted up. Now my car is In smaller garage hopefully drying.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Obviously with th edisplay this was with the car off, just as you open the door?

I did not test the dome Light from the switch. Just noticed that the automatic state did not work.

The display was dead the the door was open and no key In the ignition. Basicly everything that BCM controls was dead. Noticed that the ave fuel consuption did reset every time I started the engine.

But now everything seems to be OK. I'll hope it stays like this.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal