Author Topic: i30 GD Central Locking issue  (Read 225 times)

• gb United Kingdom
    Birmingham, UK
i30 GD Central Locking issue
« October 09, 2019, 14:27:38 »
Hi all - i30 has just turned 5 years old and conveniently the central locking has started to play up.

Upon unlocking the car, occasionally the boot and rear right passenger doors won't unlock. The lock button on the central console blinks, the same way it does if a rear passenger tries to open the door when locked. Pressing the button locks the doors, but pressing a second time leads it to blink again (and still not unlock the rear right door or boot).

I'm hoping this is something simple that can be fixed via a reset or similar... has anyone come across this?

• 2014 i30 GD 1.4i 98ps 6-speed manual

• Laughter is the best medicine. .
  • au Australia
    Devonport Tasmania
  • Best Car Forum on the Net
Re: i30 GD Central Locking issue
« Reply #1 : October 09, 2019, 17:31:34 »
Sorry to hear that mate! Murphy's law!  :fum:

You could try the disconnect negative terminal of the battery for at least 30 minutes trick. Might be worth putting a new battery in the remote. for a couple of bucks it's worth a try. Weirder things have happened.

Being two locks not working it is hopefully not an actuator failure which is a right pain and can get expensive unless you can swap them yourself.

Fingers crossed for a simple fix.
  • MY18 PD SR & 2019 Kona Active 1.6T  (prev owned 3 other 130's incl a diesel)

• au Australia
    Samford Valley
« Reply #2 : October 09, 2019, 18:00:55 »
The way wbm has written, it seems that both fail, or both open in unison.

One would hope that it is just coincidence and that some WD40 in each actuator will resolve the problem. Also check the the metal catches are moving freely
  • Every FD model; BMW Z3 M; Mitzi Magna(mobile office)

• Author
  • gb United Kingdom
    Birmingham, UK
« Reply #3 : October 14, 2019, 10:07:39 »
Thanks both. Has only happened three times so far. I'll disconnect the negative terminal for 30 mins sometime and see if that helps. Tried with the alternative fob and both batteries are fairly new.

A remedy is to start the engine, then switch off and remove the key from ignition which correctly unlocks all doors as it should do. Dealership service desk guy is checking with a technician as to the symptoms.
  • 2014 i30 GD 1.4i 98ps 6-speed manual

anything