i30 Owners Club

Broken wing mirror

acer8 · 3 · 1945

Offline acer8

• 1st Gear
 :crazy1: I have a 2013 i30 hatch,
A few days ago I was reversing between two posts and caught the wing mirror. It didn't break and is intact without damage, but has come apart at the swivel point and is hanging by the wire I've taken it off the car but fail to see anything broken, even after shaking it can't here anything rattling. At the moment I've taped it back in position and its fine and all the electrics are working too. Has anyone had a similar problem and been able to repair it, or is it a case of having to buy a new one.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I'm going to guess it was a clean snap at the base of the mirror box. You might be up for a replacement - dealer, wrecker, eBay or AliExpress.

:link: Mr. Mister - Broken Wings (Official Video) - YouTube
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I'm going to guess it was a clean snap at the base of the mirror box. You might be up for a replacement - dealer, wrecker, eBay or AliExpress.

:link: Mr. Mister - Broken Wings (Official Video) - YouTube

If so, you may be able to glue it with Loctite 401 adhesive. I had a similar situation with a 1993 Nissan Bluebird many years ago a big bird (crow) came up off the road as I went past at 140 kph and snapped the mirror off leaving it hanging by a wire. Glued it up with panel beater neighbor's help and was still working ok when I traded it.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal