i30 Owners Club

replacement key i30 2015

Offline robin car

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      queensland
I need a replacement/second key for my i30 2015.  Through the dealer AUD$300+.  If I go to a locksmith AUD$175.  I was warned that the locksmith's key is not perfect and if I use that key to remotely lock the car and the open the drivers door with the key within 10 mins. the alarm goes off.  Any advice or suggestions welcome.
  • i30

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
I need a replacement/second key for my i30 2015.  Through the dealer AUD$300+.  If I go to a locksmith AUD$175.  I was warned that the locksmith's key is not perfect and if I use that key to remotely lock the car and the open the drivers door with the key within 10 mins. the alarm goes off.  Any advice or suggestions welcome.

Plenty of 2nd key options. Typically the dealer is gouging . Who warned you?  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :crazy1: Did it ever have a key cut? Facebook advice??   :scared: :scared: :faint: Ignore its advice.  :twisted:

The deal is if you lock  the car with the remote then open by key, the alarm will go off. Same with original or replacement.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

Plenty of 2nd key options. Typically the dealer is gouging . Who warned you?  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :crazy1: Did it ever have a key cut? Facebook advice??   :scared: :scared: :faint: Ignore its advice.  :twisted:

The deal is if you lock  the car with the remote then open by key, the alarm will go off. Same with original or replacement.
For the FD you can disable that in the BCM, for the  manual key . Not sure about GD.  $300 sounds on the low side for a dealer. Interesting story they've given you. As gary says, they've setup like that regardless of whose key.

The key is either going to work or not work. simple as that. It's the BCM that controls the security and if it accepts the command from the fob to lock/arm then that's it,  done.

Locksmiths can clone or if you really wanted too you could force the dealer to give you the key cut code and security PIN for the car then anyone with the correct gear can cut a key to code and program the remote and transponder chip.

Or there are businesses out there that can give you those codes based on teh VIN for a small fee.

You could even get a genuine fob online and get a third party to program
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich

• i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal