i30 Owners Club

Aussie car sales results for October 2019

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hyundai 2nd best for sales in October 2019 and the i30 3rd best selling vehicle again. Kia climbing the sales charts rapidly.

:link: Australian vehicle sales for October 2019 (VFACTS) | PerformanceDrive
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
At last the report observes the downturn I have sensed.  :whistler:

"... been suffering dips in overall sales ... decline from negative 8.0 per cent in August to negative 7.9 per cent in September. Now,  negative 8.0 per cent on the first ten months compared with last year."

Since Morrison's Miracle, general business has not been good and overall retail sales have continued to decline.
 In the car market, buyers have turned to used cars. At beginning of 2019, the market was dead. Almost immediately after the election, used sales started to pick up. As expected used car valuations have risen..
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
All the price increases in small cars are not helping the sales of that category - eg Corolla, Mazda 3

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
All the price increases in small cars are not helping the sales of that category - eg Corolla, Mazda 3
True. They offered a new model but with a steep increase in the base price.
Hyundai was more proactive with the PD.
And still introduced the GO version to pick up any slack.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney

I guess it's not so easy given the weakening of the A$ over the last couple of years, so they have had to increase base spec levels to justify the increases somehow

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD

I guess it's not so easy given the weakening of the A$ over the last couple of years, so they have had to increase base spec levels to justify the increases somehow

Immediately after the 'Miracle' the A$ went way south. Folks already had deep pockets; apart from coffee, they stopped shopping. That extended to new cars.

The rational man who needs transport realised that a brand new car becomes a devalued used car as soon as it leaves the showroom.
He can buy something just as good at the 2nd hand market.
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Offline pidim

• 4th Gear

• au Australia
      Sydney
Could be the case.
 I wonder if used car sales increase when new cars drop?

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Could be the case.
 I wonder if used car sales increase when new cars drop?

basically thats what  I say. In real estate its similar. When  a suburb is seen to be the cheapest place to buy, it soon becomes high priced.
\
Same with cars. New , they are now over priced and untested, the 2nd hand version offers almost the same advantages at half the price.  :head_butt: Their value has to rise. = Law of economics.

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal