i30 Owners Club

Help! Do I need CANbus decoder for my aftermarket Android headunit?

Suresh · 5 · 4881

Offline Suresh

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Iowa
Hi
I have been searching for this information in the internet for a couple of weeks, but couldn't find a definite answer for my car model. Hence I am asking here. I appreciate your inputs.

My car is a 2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring GLS (guess it's the US equivalent of i30cw). I want to install the Dasaita 7" Android headunit (PX6 processor with 4GB RAM, Android 9.0).
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SCHVHNQ/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_1Bl1DbF2BVM3X
Dasaita's sales person asked me whether I needed a basic harness (dyx007) or the one with a CANbus decoder (CB002). I couldn't find this information. Does any of you know if this car has a CANbus? Will there be any benefit getting the CB002?

For example, can this car send information about door open/close, low tire pressure (my tires have internal TPMS sensors) and trip details to the head unit display if I used CB002? Now, these information already get displayed on my dash, but I am not sure if displaying them on the dash would mean that my car has CANbus. Based on my limited knowledge and internet searching, I assume that sending this to stereo in any case would require to tap into CANbus, but I am not sure if it's possible in the 2011 model. Thanks in advance.

• 2011 FD 5 door hatch, Gasoline 2L, Auto, Black (2011 Hyundai Elantr touring GLS)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Wow! That is a really tricky question! I doubt anyone that would know for sure is likely to see the question.

If the 2 harnesses are relatively cheap I'd get them to send both, otherwise hopefully the canbus enabled one as you would kind of assume that would still cover the basics even if it your model didn't end up supporting the extra features.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Suresh

• 2nd Gear

• us United States
      Iowa
Thanks. These are not expensive - at their AliExpress store both of them cost around 50$ together. So, I will get them both and try.
  • 2011 FD 5 door hatch, Gasoline 2L, Auto, Black (2011 Hyundai Elantr touring GLS)

Offline mc121994

• 2nd Gear

• ph Philippines
      davao philippines

Offline asdetail

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      gold coast
you will need canbus adaptor if you have steering wheel audio controls and you want them to work
  • 2019 i30 n-line dct

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal