i30 Owners Club

i30 Nline Mudflaps

Offline robbo137

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Hi all

I was wondering if anyone has been able to find and fit mudflaps for the i30 Nline?

I've read around and noticed those with SRs have done so, but the Nline body kit is different and the genuine i30 flaps say they don't fit cars with sports kits.

I clean it, then mud and dirt runs straight up the side  :crazy1:

Cheers!
  • 2019 i30 Nline 1.6T

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Rallying   :cool:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
If it is any consolation I don't think the little genuine mudflaps I put on the SR (or my current Hybrid for that matter) make much difference with road spray.  :undecided:

They probably will reduce the likelihood of stone chips in the long run.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
I have front ones on my UK version. They are a bit on the small size but help, they look in keeping with the styling too.  part no G4460ADU10

Don't think there is a back set that fits (yet), don't feel the need for them to be honest, I just use them to keep the mud off the sills a bit.

Offline robbo137

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
That's what i was thinking Dazzler. I asked during my first service yesterday and apparently the genuine ones will fit the front of the Nline but not the back. I had a look and im not sure i like the look of them. I'm thinking if i get some i'll get the rally ones or something as they would make a more noticeable difference. I'm not too sure what difference the Hyundai ones would make for rock chips either?

Thanks Lorian - that is what the parts guy told me as well. I am thinking of giving them a miss. The whole car gets dirty in wet weather anyway and i clean weekly, so if it rains I am going to clean the whole car anyway. Preventing chips is something i'd be interested in but from my reading it doesn't look like those stock ones do too much for chips. Have you noticed a difference?

I am considering these - but they are a bit out there...

:link: 2019+ Hyundai Elantra GT N Line, i30 N, Rally Armor

On another note, i had a chat to a tech from the service area who was really helpful about oils, oil changes etc. He builds performance engines on the side and has run many in and he really knew his stuff regarding out turbos. He suggested that an oil change at 1000km provided no benefit and leaving it in till 7500km is best. He believes that if driven hard - 7500km intervals is optimal for our small turbos in the SR/N line/Velosters.

He also said that the workshop atm has many Ns with broken clutches as heaps of people are dropping them and snapping them. He said with such a high torque engine that you need to know how to launch if you don't want to do damage. Anyway.. thought that might be of interest.
  • 2019 i30 Nline 1.6T

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Wondering if you get the chance to have another chat please.
Snapping a clutch ?
Understand if, box or shaft, but snapped clutch.  :undecided:
Once NCS wears off, washing will be monthly  :lol:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline robbo137

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Canberra
Snapping may have been my language  :crazy2:
'Broken' for want of a better word. Unsure which component.
It's possible - but i have spent $400 on car cleaning and detailing products to get through  :crazy1:
  • 2019 i30 Nline 1.6T

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal