i30 Owners Club

Drive Mode Integrated Control System - 2019 PD2 Active

Offline sticks1977

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      VIC

• 2019 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0, Auto, Iron Grey
I've been reading through the owner's manual (5-62) and it mentions if the Drive Mode is set to 'ECO' while the car engine is running, once the engine is turned off and back on that the ECO setting will remain in place. I have noticed with my new i30 that it will default to the 'Normal' drive mode setting and not retain the 'ECO' mode.

Has anyone else experienced the same issue? It will be something I'll raise when I take the car in for the first complimentary service at 1,500km (already up to 900km since Friday!)
  • 2019 i30 Active (Iron Grey)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Can't explain or clarify that, except to say don't stress about it.

From my experience in i30's and a variety of other cars, eco mode makes minimal difference to overall economy.

Not only that, but the reduced throttle response generally makes the car less enjoyable to drive.

On the other hand while in some cases sport mode is fun, I find normal mode is invariably the best compromise for everyday driving.

• 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline sticks1977

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      VIC

• 2019 PD2 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0, Auto, Iron Grey
Can't explain or clarify that, except to say don't stress about it.

Thanks for your reply Dazzler  :goodjob: only 500km away from my first service which I've booked in for 30th December. So far the car is a pleasure to drive!
  • 2019 i30 Active (Iron Grey)

Offline galixia

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Queensland
With my PD2 Active if I put it in eco mode, when I start the car the next time it still says Eco on the dash.

But like Dazzler said it doesn't really make a difference. I've done a few thousand with it on and several with it off and fuel economy pretty much didn't change at all, just responsiveness because all it does is means the gearbox changes up gears earlier then normal and won't drop down a gear unless you really put your foot down. With all the city driving I do it just annoys me so I just leave it in normal mode. The kids like pushing the button so every now and again I will jump in and not enjoy the drive and realize i'm in eco mode and turn it off.
  • 2018 I30 Active

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
As Dazz & Gal said , doesn't change much.
Both Santa & Kona will stay in "normal" mode. Really only ensure that "Sport" is not activated when going into car parks .  :eek:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal