i30 Owners Club

I would like to purchase a Hyundai i30 soon.

Udi · 32 · 5942

Offline Udi

• 2nd Gear

• il Israel
      Israel
I would like to purchase a Hyundai i30 soon.  I'm concerned about the 2016 robotic chalk date of road trip in month 3 Are there any chalk issues or poor reliability?
clutch problem?
  • I wany to bey

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Robotic chalk - chalk issues :confused: I've no idea what you're talking about, never heard of it :Dunno:

As for reliability they are great cars :goodjob2:

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon
THE GROTTOES AND CHALK CLIFFS OF ROSH HANIKRA????

We, my friends and I, are averse to HOMEWORK.  It would be helpful if you explained things a little more.

Then our great lads can give it some serious thought and maybe, help you.

Have a nice day

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I suspect Google translate has failed the test.  :head_knock: :head_butt: :crazy1:

@Udi
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline asathorny

• V.I.P
  • Wonky Donkey

• england England
      Manchester City centre

• Curmudgeon

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I'm guessing it's about whether a MAR16 build is somehow known to have a design or manufacturing fault, perhaps reflected in recalls. There was a recall for FDs in MAR16 and perhaps this prompted the question.
  • Frugal Firty: FDSLXCRDi5spHyperSilverBodyKit+Mods & MrsG'sPDSRPrem

Offline Udi

• 2nd Gear

• il Israel
      Israel
Is there a problem with the 2016 Hyundai clutch?
  • I wany to bey

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Not that I've heard of.
What's the robotic chalk stuff in your original post?

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
 :whsaid:
Not that I've heard of in the GD (2012 - 2017) models, Australia gets the 1.6 - 1.8 and 2.0ltr petrol versions and a 1.6ltr diesel.

Offline Udi

• 2nd Gear

• il Israel
      Israel
In my country I am very worried about the robotic chalk of the vehicle.  Everyone claims that there is wear and tear on the clutch, is this a production problem?  Or is there nothing to fear and buy the vehicle?  and tnx!
  • I wany to bey

Offline Udi

• 2nd Gear

• il Israel
      Israel
Not that I've heard of.
What's the robotic chalk stuff in your original post?
Everyone tells me not to buy the car because of the robotic chalk that needs a quick change of clutch
  • I wany to bey

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
In my country I am very worried about the robotic chalk of the vehicle.  Everyone claims that there is wear and tear on the clutch, is this a production problem?  Or is there nothing to fear and buy the vehicle?  and tnx!
@Udi , the problem is the term robotic chalk means nothing to us. Even a Google search offers nothing.
So we need you to explain it in some other words please.

Offline Udi

• 2nd Gear

• il Israel
      Israel
Sorry it's hard for me in English a bit but really thanks for the help, I don't know how to explain exactly, but like that, is there anything to fear from a robotic gearbox?
Or a clutch problem
  • I wany to bey

Offline Udi

• 2nd Gear

• il Israel
      Israel
THE GROTTOES AND CHALK CLIFFS OF ROSH HANIKRA????

We, my friends and I, are averse to HOMEWORK.  It would be helpful if you explained things a little more.

Then our great lads can give it some serious thought and maybe, help you.

Have a nice day
I think I explained better, in the last massage
  • I wany to bey

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I'm thinking Udi is considering a model with DCT. There were some hiccups with the earlier Hyundai DCT transmissions but not major like the Ford and VW versions.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
can you post a link to 'robotic chalk' in your language with pictures?

Offline Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
Sorry it's hard for me in English a bit but really thanks for the help, I don't know how to explain exactly, but like that, is there anything to fear from a robotic gearbox?
Or a clutch problem
OK.
As I said above. Not aware of any problems more than any other brand of car.
But I also have no idea 2hat a robotic gearbox is.
I'm going to leave it here in the hope one of our technical people may have more to offer when they are next on line.

Also, do you have a specific car in mind? Is it in a car sales yard somewhere?  If so, any chance of an on line link?

Offline Shambles

• Admin
  • Retyred @ Last

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I think Dazz has nailed it.

So "robotic gearbox" means automatic gearbox. Maybe "chalk" means "dual clutch".
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline Udi

• 2nd Gear

• il Israel
      Israel

So "robotic gearbox" means automatic gearbox. Maybe "chalk" means "dual clutch".

That's exactly what I mean, my knowledge of cars is not good either.  This is the first car I buy
  • I wany to bey

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

That's exactly what I mean, my knowledge of cars is not good either.  This is the first car I buy

Your friends have probably heard and seen all the problems VW and Ford had with their dual clutches. As  I said Hyundai's isn't perfect but is constantly being improved and has generally been reasonably reliable.

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
Your English is much better than my Hebrew. :victory:

Offline The Gonz

• Admin
  • Afghanistan Vet

• au Australia
      Adelaide

• Callsign GUNZ
I can be a dog with a bone, so I investigated that 'gere' is a term often referring to chalk. :cool:

Offline Udi

• 2nd Gear

• il Israel
      Israel

Your friends have probably heard and seen all the problems VW and Ford had with their dual clutches. As  I said Hyundai's isn't perfect but is constantly being improved and has generally been reasonably reliable.
What was with ford and vw and skoda I know, for Hyundai I have not heard any faults, the cost of replacing a dual clutch in my country is equal to US $ 2000, now is this a risk to buy?
  • I wany to bey

Offline Udi

• 2nd Gear

• il Israel
      Israel
Your English is much better than my Hebrew. :victory:

I don't know how to write well in English, so I use Google.  , I try to make it as close to what I mean.  If it was possible to talk like on a cellphone it would be easy, I know how to speak well, but writing is bad! :lol: :lol:
  • I wany to bey

Offline Udi

• 2nd Gear

• il Israel
      Israel
There is hidden content here which only members can see. Please Login or Register.
I'm thinking Udi is considering a model with DCT. There were some hiccups with the earlier Hyundai DCT transmissions but not major like the Ford and VW versions.  :undecided:
How can I tell if this will happen to my car as well?
  • I wany to bey

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

What was with ford and vw and skoda I know, for Hyundai I have not heard any faults, the cost of replacing a dual clutch in my country is equal to US $ 2000, now is this a risk to buy?

There are a lot of variables.

You need to have a good test drive to see if you like the feel of the transmission.

How much work (mileage) has the car done?

Check the service history of the vehicle you are considering.

What used warranty if any are they offering?

Consider getting a vehicle inspection prior to purchase by an independent trusted mechanic or auto association.

Offline Udi

• 2nd Gear

• il Israel
      Israel

You need to have a good test drive to see if you like the feel of the transmission.

Consider getting a vehicle inspection prior to purchase by an independent trusted mechanic or auto association.

96,000 miles, I like the ride in a really comfortable car, the history of the treatments, everything in time like a clock, no significant repairs or anything that hints at problems, there is a one year warranty on almost all parts of the car.  Including a dual clutch, I take the vehicle to a testing facility

Thanks everyone for your patience!  And for my bad English
  • I wany to bey

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Is it manual or auto transmission?

• 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Udi

• 2nd Gear

• il Israel
      Israel

Offline Dazzler

• Admin

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

96,000 miles, I like the ride in a really comfortable car, the history of the treatments, everything in time like a clock, no significant repairs or anything that hints at problems, there is a one year warranty on almost all parts of the car.  Including a dual clutch, I take the vehicle to a testing facility

Thanks everyone for your patience!  And for my bad English

No problem. In that case provided the price is realistic I would proceed. But if it dies in the 1st week and the warranty is not honoured, please don't sue me.  :whistler:

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal