i30 Owners Club

Rough idle 2017 PD SR

Offline Newyi30

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      NSW
Hi everyone, been a while, hope you are all well.

My car is a PD 2017 SR DCT. After about 6 months from new i began having the warm start issue like many others. I only mentioned it during its service but had no luck so just quietly followed along on here. A few months ago i managaed to have some success and was told the injectors were being replaced under warranty. This seemed to solve the hard starting, however i still have a rough idle. Makes my seat shudder and i can feel it through the pedals. My electrical system even seems off, with my headlights and interior lights flickering, and reverse camera gets horizontal lines in it.
The dealership could only replicate the rough idle but after they compared it to other 1.6 models they tell me that they all shudder like this.
I really don't think its normal. I keep asking for my spark plugs to be checked but they haven't as Hyundai haven't given them the go ahead to do so.

I'm at a loss. I totally get that it's a turbo engine and with the DCT it is no run of the mill auto, but even they noticed that it is rough. But told me its normal. Seems like a cop out.

Any help or recommendations appreciated
  • 2017 i30 SR

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I seem to recall someone else talking of rough idle after injector replacement. Think it might have been Beardy who ended up getting a refund and jumping ship from memory.

My SR was smooth as silk.. That is one thing I certainly miss with my new Hybrid... It's quiet but a smooth spinning 1.6T is so much nicer than a 2.5 litre Atkinson Cycle motor.

Try another dealer maybe or haunt Hyundai Australia by email..  :disapp:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal