i30 Owners Club

Spare Tyres Pressure Sensors

buff · 9 · 3823

Offline buff

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South Australia
Hi All
I have a 2017 MY18 I30 Elite with the tyre size of 225x45x17.
With my tyres getting low in tread I have had my first puncture, so change to the full size spare only to find there is no Pressure Sensors fitted just the standard rubber valve stem.
So the question being does anyone know if there is any issue fitting a sensor to the spare rim regarding valve stem area design. I assume its the same as all other rims and one should just fit without having to modifie the surrounding area.
Have been looking for the part number and it seem to be 52933-D9100 if anyone can confirm this it would be great as I would rather not have to go to Hyundai for one as the price like most things straight from Hyundai would be silly.

Thanks in advance
Rob
  • 2017 PD i30 Elite, Diesel 1.6lt, DCT, Iron Grey

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I think once a new sensor gets fitted it requires coding to the system :undecided:

Why not just fit a new tyre and put the spare back in the boot after it’s done it’s job of getting you home.

Offline buff

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South Australia
Will chase up to see if it needs to code matched to the system.
With the need to get new tyres soon the idea behind adding a sensor to the full size spare was to be able to add it to a five tyre rotation.

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
I know TPMS is all the rage and our Kona has it , but, is it really essential  :undecided:
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
I know TPMS is all the rage and our Kona has it , but, is it really essential  :undecided:

It has been virtually mandatory in Europe for years. Having had it on the SR I miss it now. Bloody hell of a site easier than a manual check every few weeks and it may have saved my bacon in the SR when I damaged that tyre a week or two before swapping cars. I hadn't felt the pressure drop. I wouldn't have slowed down on some of our dodgy corners going home without the TPMS warning.  :cool:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Online Surferdude

• Global Moderator
  • Tyre Guru

• au Australia
      Caloundra, Queensland.
I hate  the bloody things.
Based on the amount of issues we see on here, just one more thing to go wrong.
I hear what you say Dazz but my observations suggest the bad far outweighs the good.
  • 2020 Kona formerly 2009 i30 Hatch 5sp Manual.

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki
Here the system is mandatory, but it only has to work with 1st set of wheels. After that the light can burn. Some countries has to use 2 set of wheels due seasons, so we would have been in uneven situation when compared to warmer countries (buy second set of sensors). Those sensors can be expensive.
  • i30 cw 1.6crdi -08

Offline buff

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South Australia
Have done some more hunting for info on adding a fifth sensor. It seems I would need to Clone one of the existing sensors code onto the new one but with the coding machines being over $300US not the most cost efficient option.
Will have a chat with who ever I get new tyres from as to what option they can offer.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Will have a chat with who ever I get new tyres from as to what option they can offer.

That's probably your best option. :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal