i30 Owners Club

Thinking of a 2015 i30 1.6 T-GDI

Rothen · 5 · 1787

Offline Rothen

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Lincs, UK
Hello.

As the title says, I am thinking (obsessing almost, as I can not get it out of my head) of buying 2015 i30 1.6 T-GDI but I am having problems comitting to do it. It's mostly my fear of buying used cars, and nothing else. I've already tested it and liked how it drives, even though it was a bit noisy inside but I'd blame that more on the tyres than anything else. And I would have liked a bit more feedback from the steering, but other than that I really liked the little thing.
Was quite happy that it has a timing chain and not a belt... actually looking for that is how I found this forum...

So... my question for you, folks, is... what plagues this car? Anything I should be on the lookout for?

Thanks!

• 2015 i30 1.6 T-GDI

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
If servicing and kms are good and general condition is the same sounds good.
One thing that this forum has shown is the salt factor is huge where its used.
Brakes suspension ect. need checking
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Rothen,

That was early in the the use of the 1.6 turbo petrol in the i30. That model (Series 2 -GD) was never introduced into Australia with that engine. I don't think it was even sold in great numbers in the UK or other parts of Europe.  There have been a couple of threads mentioning an issue which you may want to be aware of before you commit. Don't get me wrong. Virtually every model and variant of the i30 has been near the top of its class since first introduced in late 2007.

:link: I30 Turbo , 2016 , hesitation and holding back
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
I'm not sure many were made - relatively speaking. They are rare to see here - branded "i30 Turbo" I think and I've only seen 2 door cars.

Offline BedfordIan

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Bedford, UK
@Rothen

Hi Rothen
I'm actually looking around at the moment change from  my 2015 1.6T for a younger n line.

Its a white 3 door with 45k miles on it. Happy to have  chat via PM if you want to.

Cheers
  • i30 1.6 T

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal