i30 Owners Club

Not posible to use pendrive and AUTO ANDROID at once

cosiek · 8 · 3620

Offline cosiek

• 1st Gear

• pl Poland
      warsaw
Hi All,

I have just bought recently the new version of Hyundai i30 Wagon in version COMFORT. I have touchable desktop with AUTO ANDROID connection, bluetooth etc.

I am planning to go for a longer travel and would like to be able at once listen music from USB pendrive and use AUTO ANDROID, by connecting through USB mobile phone with car.
The problem is that I have 2 lighter plugs a 1 for USB. I tried different solutions but none worked.

1. Bought lighter adapter with entrance for USB - it gives possibility only to charge the mobile. Pendrive is not readable.
2. Bought USB hub. Once I connect pendrive it is not readable. Once connect mobile, auto android works
3. Once mobile is connected through USB with car, auto android works, however bluetooth is not working.

Do you have any solution for my issue? Can I somehow use at once either
(1) Bluetooth + auto android
(2) Auto android + pendrive

Appreciate your response.
Regards,
Jakub
  • Wagon

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Hi Jakub and welcome.

The best solution I can come up with if you have enough capacity on your phone is just load as much of your music from your thumb drive on your phone as you can and pay the music through Android auto. I thought I used to be able to do both in my Korean build PD SR, but can't be certain as I've had so many cars and traded her 4 months ago.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
You can connect phone via Bluetooth and use pen drive/USB at the same time, USB needs to be formatted in fat32.

As Dazzler mentioned it is much simpler to just install all music on the phone for Android Auto connection, I do the same with Apple CarPlay  :)

By design Bluetooth does not function with Apple Carplay, I'm unsure of Android Auto but think it would be the same :undecided: no need for Bluetooth if the phone is already connected via another route.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 11:20:37 by CraigB »

Offline cosiek

• 1st Gear

• pl Poland
      warsaw
Thank you for your replies.
Then, I believe I have to install on mobile some free app compatibile with AUTO Mobile, as there is only available Google Play Music.

Do you recommend any?
  • Wagon

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Thank you for your replies.
Then, I believe I have to install on mobile some free app compatibile with AUTO Mobile, as there is only available Google Play Music.

Do you recommend any?

I found Pi Music Player works well.  :goodjob:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline i30premy

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      NW Sydney Aust
Hi, I've added microSD card to my SG8 and it's loaded with music. Normally play tracks via Google Play Music via BT to headphones when I want to listen.

Just put music in phone & GPM will pick it up.

Don't have Andoid Auto in my car but did use it in a recent rental.

For a standalone media player, I find VLC can handle most video/audio files.
  • i30 GD Premium Petrol Auto 2012 ~ Clean Blue

Offline buff

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      South Australia
Not a fan of Google Play Music, and have been using Media Monkey for years on my PC and on my Android phone as well as media to your USB thumb drives. Works well with Android Auto in my PD I30 plus it has great configurable options to manage your Media library between PC and Phone.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 01:02:26 by buff »
  • 2017 PD i30 Elite, Diesel 1.6lt, DCT, Iron Grey

Offline Purplehazeffc

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Australia, Perth, WA
You can only connect one at a time. So it's either Bluetooth or Android Auto. You can have Bluetooth & a USB connected. But as others have said.
You will most likely get better sound from using Android Auto as well as maps, phone calls, messages etc.

I tried pretty much every player in the Google Store..  The best I found to use was Doubletwist :link: doubleTwist - Classic Player
As well as just being a music player, it also has a built in streaming radio. So like Tune-In but it's all in one app.
Works fantastic with Android Auto.   Now that I have gone back to iPhone. I just wished that is was available in the Apple App Store.
  • PD i30 SR Manual Phoenix Orange

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal