i30 Owners Club

FD 4 speed auto, with A4CF1, 3rd to 4th

Offline blastslayer

• 2nd Gear
I have the slip issiue, however so many reports ive seen here, say it slip 2nd to 3rd however mine is ONLY 3rd to O/D (over drive).  The 4th wont select unless i release the accel. pedal so i will drop in, otherwise the revs climb and feel like i could blow the box if i let it keep rising

Checked the wiring harness, all good, re flowed the solder just to make sure and re hi temp silicone
reason for post, im not sure the harness will be the culprit here as it didn't look corroded or dry solder any where, re solder was just for precaution.

symptoms are isolated to 3rd to O/D
-no reverse pause
-no cluncking
-no 3rd to 2nd etc etc...
  • 2010 i30 sx, Auto, hatch 1.6l ...

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I have the slip issiue, however so many reports ive seen here, say it slip 2nd to 3rd however mine is ONLY 3rd to O/D (over drive).  The 4th wont select unless i release the accel. pedal so i will drop in, otherwise the revs climb and feel like i could blow the box if i let it keep rising

Checked the wiring harness, all good, re flowed the solder just to make sure and re hi temp silicone
reason for post, im not sure the harness will be the culprit here as it didn't look corroded or dry solder any where, re solder was just for precaution.

symptoms are isolated to 3rd to O/D
-no reverse pause
-no cluncking
-no 3rd to 2nd etc etc...
Is this the same chariot with say 300000K that you deployed the airbags on?
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline blastslayer

• 2nd Gear
certainly not.  this ones a 2011 i30 hatch, the other bad boy was a CW 09  (oops, changing sig now)

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
What's it's history then? Servicing, distance, have you flushed it yet? Obviously you've dropped the pan and removed the valve body on this?

Offline blastslayer

• 2nd Gear
122 kms..  has been flushed (the propper way) when i got it, as the fluid was black and smelly.  other than that...

ran/runs fine before and after the flush, 1 2 3 R etc.  Just doesnt like OD

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Not a lot of Ks really but black smelly fluid sounds concerning, maybe the damage is done.

Offline blastslayer

• 2nd Gear
yea great ill try that

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
yea great ill try that
hard to offer many suggestions over the web, if you've flushed it, fiddled with teh harne and valve body and it's the same you're likely either going to need a transmission tech to diagnose it, at least hey can see what's being commanded by the TCU and check pressures at the test ports to get an idea .

Or you find a box and swap it your self but they tend to be rare and expensive. I found a box in Sydney @$1100 with 86K

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal