i30 Owners Club

2011 Trophy Sports Wagon Petrol - Cruise Control Problems

Offline Primehellcat

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      VIC
I have a 2011 Petrol Trophy Sports Wagon.
I put it in for the last recall for the Vehicle Safety Recall - Hyundai i30 (FD) Airbag Control Logic Upgrade. Since then the cruise control has been playing up. It would work intermittenly, but this week it wont work at all. It will turn on but wont engage - wont set at a speed.
I have booked it in again for the latest Safety Recall, told them what was happening with the cruise control, but they deny that this could be related to the previous recall. I looked it up on the web and there are several articles listing this exact issue, with the part replaced not compatable with the cruise unit.
Has anyone else had the same problem?????
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 04:04:28 by Primehellcat »
  • 2011 i30 Petrol Trophy Sports Wagon

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
I have a 2011 Petrol Trophy Sports Wagon.
I put it in for the last recall for the Vehicle Safety Recall - Hyundai i30 (FD) Airbag Control Logic Upgrade. Since then the cruise control has been playing up. It would work intermittenly, but this week it wont work at all. It will turn on but wont engage - wont set at a speed.
I have booked it in again for the latest Safety Recall, told them what was happening with the cruise control, but they deny that this could be related to the previous recall. I looked it up on the web and there are several articles listing this exact issue, with the part replaced not compatable with the cruise unit.
Has anyone else had the same problem?????
Could you have a defective brake pedal switch? Or the issue may be in the clockspring or the buttons or the cruise control unit. Airbag updates will have nothing to do with it, all they're doing is flashing the software with an update.

Can you ever get it to set if you keep pushing the button?
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline Primehellcat

• 1st Gear

• au Australia
      VIC
Yes I have tried pressing the brake, keep pressing the set switch - nothing. As I said it turns on but doesnt set the speed. I noticed it happening intermittenly after the last recall service but now it doesnt work at all. And to top things off now I have a blown passenger side headlight. Just not my week.
  • 2011 i30 Petrol Trophy Sports Wagon

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Yes I have tried pressing the brake, keep pressing the set switch - nothing. As I said it turns on but doesnt set the speed. I noticed it happening intermittenly after the last recall service but now it doesnt work at all. And to top things off now I have a blown passenger side headlight. Just not my week.

Did you ever get this sorted? Definitely sounds like wrong brake light switch. Sorry just noticed no posted resolution on this thread.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal