i30 Owners Club

Limp home mode again

dirich · 2 · 4257

Offline dirich

• 1st Gear

• Sunshine Coast
Hi, my 2009 diesel wagon has again come up with the engine light - it has now down over 200000kms.  We've done all the trouble shooting suggested - cleaned the fuel sock on the in-tank filter,new fuel filter and air filter with service just done. cleaned the MAF, made sure the fuel cap is tightly on and gave it a treatment with FuelMaster.  Interestingly,the Hyundai dealer says don't use injector cleaner - he said that a lot of service depts are not using it - not sure why.
I've noticed my car is more fumey than previously.  Also it completely lost power recently, but after turning it off and back on, came good.  The limp home mode is very intermittent - sometimes it has good pick up, sometimes, not - but the engine light remains on.

Mechanic who just did the service said maybe fuel pressure problem?

If anyone else has had similar problems and found a remedy,I would love to hear about if - thanks in advance :)
  • Hyundai i30 2009 SX crdi wagon

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
Hi, my 2009 diesel wagon has again come up with the engine light - it has now down over 200000kms.  We've done all the trouble shooting suggested - cleaned the fuel sock on the in-tank filter,new fuel filter and air filter with service just done. cleaned the MAF, made sure the fuel cap is tightly on and gave it a treatment with FuelMaster.  Interestingly,the Hyundai dealer says don't use injector cleaner - he said that a lot of service depts are not using it - not sure why.
I've noticed my car is more fumey than previously.  Also it completely lost power recently, but after turning it off and back on, came good.  The limp home mode is very intermittent - sometimes it has good pick up, sometimes, not - but the engine light remains on.

Mechanic who just did the service said maybe fuel pressure problem?

If anyone else has had similar problems and found a remedy,I would love to hear about if - thanks in advance :)
If the Engine lamp is on, I'd scan for codes and see what the ECU is reporting rather than guessing. Little concerned the mechanic is taking a guess and not doing that anyway?
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal