i30 Owners Club

Hyundai i30 2008 power windows switch

Offline mgauci17

• 2nd Gear
Hi All,

I have a Hyundai i30 2008 FD 1.4 for the last 3 1/2 years and I am havin issues with the Power window switch.

Basically about a year ago I replaced the drivers side switch assembley since you would need to press very hard on the button to open and close the driver side window (costs around euro 130) and the issue was partially solved since every know and than it does the fault again but from last week it got worse to the point that I no longer open the window.

I have the same issue again you need to press the power window button very hard to close or open the windows, I cleaned the swithces and checked for any dry joints or loose connections however all seems to be good.

Does anyone had this issue and managed to solve it since I think the issue might be coming from another part maybe the power window motor!

TIA
Matthew :)
  • Hyundai I30 2008 Manual 1.4L Blue

Offline tw2005

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      Ipswich
The switch gear in these cars is not always great so it sounds like it's the switch. If it's intermittent but works with more pressure applied to the switch then it's the contacts. I've had the issue in my cars but generally the drivers is ok as it get's used in my car every day so helps keep the contacts clean.

Since with have the AC on all the time the windows are rarely lowered in the rear for my wagon and often they do not work. After repeatedly tapping the button they occasionally come back to life but not for long before that stop again.

If the switch was brand new I'm surprised it has not lasted longer to be honest especially since it's on the door most used.
  • i40 Premium Tourer, FD i30CW SLX CRDi FD i30 CRDi SX , Welly, SANTA CLAUS

Offline mgauci17

• 2nd Gear
The switch gear in these cars is not always great so it sounds like it's the switch. If it's intermittent but works with more pressure applied to the switch then it's the contacts. I've had the issue in my cars but generally the drivers is ok as it get's used in my car every day so helps keep the contacts clean.

Since with have the AC on all the time the windows are rarely lowered in the rear for my wagon and often they do not work. After repeatedly tapping the button they occasionally come back to life but not for long before that stop again.

If the switch was brand new I'm surprised it has not lasted longer to be honest especially since it's on the door most used.
Thanks for your reply, I will try to use some contact cleaner and see if it helps.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

• Hyundai I30 2008 Manual 1.4L Blue

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal