Author Topic: I30 1l petrol performance upgrade options  (Read 120 times)

• gb United Kingdom
    West Midlands
I30 1l petrol performance upgrade options
« February 15, 2020, 03:20:31 »
Hi guys

I have a 67 plate i30. It's the 1 litre 120. I believe it's 118bhp.

When i had my old Vauxhall diesel i had the engine remapped and DPF removed that took it from 108bhp to 156bhp so, a big increase. As the i30 is petrol i believe the remap takes it from 118bhp to approx 140bhp.

Is there any other fairly cheap upgrades that could give any more?

The main reason i ask. With the Vauxhall i didn't tell the insurance. Wrong i know. So now, i will only play around with it if i decide I'll tell the insurance but I'm not sure it's worth the hassle for 20bhp.

So, any thoughts and suggestions welcome.

Marc

• Hyundai i30 2017

• au Australia
    Perth
Re: I30 1l petrol performance upgrade options
« Reply #1 : February 15, 2020, 03:57:14 »
I think the easiest power increase would be from a plug in RaceChip :link: Performance chips ? Chip tuning by RaceChip for Hyundai I30 (PD) 1.0 T-GDI (88KW) | RaceChip if wanting more power still you would be outlaying much more for turbo - inter cooler and exhaust upgrades with a custom tune/remap which could then require drive line upgrades.

• Author
  • gb United Kingdom
    West Midlands
« Reply #2 : February 15, 2020, 07:20:59 »
Cheers Craig. The company i took the Vauxhall to did successfully give the promised performance increase when they worked on it. so checking what they can do for the i30 gives 2bhp less than the chip but about 17nm more looking on their website.

Does the i30 achieve much increase with any smaller changes like air filters etc?
  • Hyundai i30 2017

• au Australia
    Perth
« Reply #3 : February 15, 2020, 08:11:09 »
The GTS chip gives 28 HP - 42 Nm.

Different filter media type like K&N or similar can sometimes help but whether you would actually feel much difference...would be very minimal, opening up the airbox intake port can help make slight further improvements though that requires modifying the box and routing a larger flexible intake pipe behind the grill.

There are full intake kits available though they're quite expensive and make no notable improvement over a modified airbox from my personal testing :)

• Author
  • gb United Kingdom
    West Midlands
« Reply #4 : 11 hours ago »
Avon tuning would take it to 140bhp and 230nm.

Be interesting if a new air filter didn't help if stock but allowed a higher tune.
  • Hyundai i30 2017

• au Australia
    Perth
« Reply #5 : 7 hours ago »
What is the standard torque? we don't get a 1ltr here.

I found the torque 171 Nm :) I'd go with Avon tuning then, you'll notice the extra 59 Nm's more, though might pay to confirm with other 1ltr owners if the cars drive line will hold up with that sort of increase in torque :undecided:
« Last Edit: 7 hours ago by CraigB » »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal