i30 Owners Club

Engine oil for hyundai i30 1.6 crdi 115hp 2011

Offline ajoros1991

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      newport
what is the best price/performance oil for hyundai i30 1.6 crdi 115hp 2011?? Its a version with no dpf.
  • i30 2011 hatchback

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Any A3B4 full synthetic oil will be suitable for non dpf diesels, Shell Helix Ultra X Engine Oil - 5W-30 would be my premium choice preference for your location and suitability.

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
I maintain my partners 2011 1.6CRDi (which used to be mine), now done about 195,000 miles. It has a DPF and I always use Shell Helix Professional AG. I keep an eye on ebay and Eurocarparts for when they have good deals, like when ECP has a flash sale. When they do I buy 4 x 5L, bearing in mind I change the oil at 10,000 mile intervals, or almost 3 times/year. Last time I bought some it worked out at £16 each, but I have paid as little as £12-50. It's for cars with DPFs, I'm not sure if it's suitable for the non-DPF engine.

Although the handbook states the capacity is 5.3L, I only ever refill with a 5L can, and I find the oil is then up to the Full mark on the dipstick. On 2 occasions when the car has been dealer-serviced, I have taken it back because the oil level was above the Full mark and I got them to drain off the excess oil.
  • i30 CRD

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal