i30 Owners Club

HYUNDAI I30 2016 WARRANTY ISSUES

Offline spanners

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Coventry
Hi Folks,

Wondering if someone here can help me. It's a long one!

I have a 2016 Hyundai i30 CRDI Premium and recently going into 4th gear the gear box crunches with resistance, it goes into 4th  and is ok when in 4th and going both up and down the gears.

I took the car into my local Hyundai service centre who took the car for a drive and confirmed there is an issue.  They came back to me saying they could not find the 60k service for the vehicle and as such the repair cannot be done under warranty.

So I took the car in for the last service when the alert on the car warned me @ 56k the service that was done was the 50k interim service. My question I guess is should the garage of done a 50k service at 56k or done the 60k?

The garage told me that they would have asked me if i wanted the 60k and i'm certain I would have asked for that to be done rather than having the 50k service at 56k and then going back at 60k for the big service half of which would have been done at 50k!

I'm not very happy with the explanation giiven by the service manager @ the garage. But I'm not sure where to take this now.

Any suggestions, help etc will be gladly accepted.

Sorry for the essay.
  • Hyundai I30 2016 Diesel 1.7

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Spanners,

That is a tricky one. I think I better sleep on it...

Lets see what others come up with.  :undecided:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline sundiz

• Technical Advisor

• fi Finland
      Helsinki

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Or  Miles....

Can you post all the dates and mileage from all the services, and the date it was originally registered.

Were any of all of them dealer services?

Also whereabouts is the clutch bite point.

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
My 65 reg 1.6 CRDi went in for a service today at 57,500 miles, and it's the 60,000 miles service they have done. Mine is on the 2-year 20,000 mile service plan, when the service was due after 2 years it had done about 18,000 miles, and the two services since have been at 38,000 and today. I don't bother with the interim service as it is optional, and all they do is change the engine oil & filter which I can do myself at a fraction of the cost.

The 60,000 miles service is a big service as they change the gearbox oil and coolant, so I would expect that is the service they should have done at 56,000 miles.

• i30 CRD

Offline spanners

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Coventry
Hi Lorian, I have had the proper Hyundai services

10k @ 10,358 28/10/2016
20k @ 20,804 26/05/2017
30k @ 29,989 23/11/2017
40k @ 39,948 24/08/2018
50k @ 56,438 24/05/2019

I took the car in when the alert for the service displayed on the car and would expect the garage to action the appropriate service. I my mind Hyundai are responsible for this, but the dealer will not put this through the warranty route because if Hyundai refuse it they might be responsible and I don't want the cost coming back on me.

Not sure where to take this, does anyone think i have a case with Hyundai?

Offline mickd

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Tura Beach ( Deep Deep South Coast) NSW
Okay, you have a record of services completed.
Hammer this dealer re BS excuse,  again, ask for the reason for refusal,  then ask for it it writing,  with name and signature and date.  Then talk to dealership manager to explain as Dealer is would not have asked Hyundai about it at all.
Ask to see correspondence from Hyundai re: matter.
Then call Hyundai and inform of the pile of shite that you have received under the banner of "Hyundai Service" .Go hard .
  • 4/18 Kona H/lndr 1.6T 7dct & 2/18 DM5 Santa Fe H/lndr 2.2 6sp (9/16 Active X)

Offline spanners

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Coventry
Mickd

Thanks for the suggestion.  I've spoken to the Hyundai UK Customer Case Manager and he is going to investigate.  Not sure if i've mentioned it, but the dealer did not put the request through as they believe Hyundai would refuse it due to not having the 60k service.

I will let you know what happens.  Thanks all

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
I shall follow this thread with interest.

Have you checked on MyHyundai to see the "official" records? If not, register an account then have a ganders.

:link: My Hyundai UK

Ignore the obvious glitch in the mileage :rolleyes:
  • Ioniq MY2018 SE Premium Hybrid in Polar White with added oomph

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Is the 56k miles correct for last service as done 17k in 9 mths, plus 6k over 50k service interval, compared to less than 10k in previous services.

If the 20k service or 2 years is the required service interval. 10k service is if you do less than 10k in 12 months.

So on your service history you are doing more than required.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 11:07:53 by eye30 »
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
Ignore the obvious glitch in the mileage

Offline BrendanP

• Technical Advisor

• gb United Kingdom
      East Midlands
What does it say on the service record book for your car? Mine states quite clearly on the front cover that it's 2 years/20,000 miles service interval with optional intermediate oil change. My old 2011 car was on 1 year/20,000 mile service plan. If it's 2 years, then at 56,000 miles you're taking it in for an early 60,000 miles service, not for a late 50,000 mile service.

In any case, the dealer is supposed to be the expert. If they decide not to do a major service when they should have, that's a fault on their part. When I pointed out  to my dealer that they hadn't stamped the book for an anti-corrosion warranty inspection, they just stamped it and wrote in the date of the previous service, 14 months earlier. Whether they actually did the inspection at the time is anyone's guess.

What caused the service indicator light to come on? Does it come on at a pre-programmed interval or was indicating an actual fault?
  • i30 CRD

Offline Shambles

• Admin

• england England
      Manchester, UK
    • i30 Owners Club
In any case, the dealer is supposed to be the expert.
Amen to that.

Offline spanners

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Coventry
All,

Thanks for all your suggestions and comments.  I spoke to Hyundai UK and complained yesterday morning. They called me back saying they have spoken to the dealer and asked them to submit the warranty.  When i spoke to the dealer myself they are going to submit a Prior Work Authority (dummy work order of parts to fix the fault, i think) to Hyundai for the work to be done. The service manager seems to think this is a good sign.

Just waiting for the dealer to call me back....

Fingers crossed.

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Sounds promising! Please keep us in the loop (and good luck!)  :fingers:
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Lakes

• V.I.P

• au Australia
      Deep south coast, New South Wales
I'm a bit late here , but with a manual. I think it is rare to have GB oil changed , so I think, Hy probably pay dealer a lower hourly rate when it is warranty, than they normally charge for say service. so they just try to dodge warranty work. manual gear box's easy once u have them out.

Offline spanners

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Coventry
So it's good news from my dealer.

All booked in for the repair of the gearbox via warranty  :happydance:

They are replacing the Syncro Rings on the gearbox. So very happy with that :)

Offline eye30

• Global Moderator
  • HOS BOSS

• england England
      Wirral

• Wirral, UK. - 1.4 Petrol Active - Aqua Blue
Result.

Hope they feel generous enough to loan you a car while work being done per, I think, warranty work t&c's 
  • 1.4 Petrol Active I'm no expert, so please correct me if

Offline Lorian

• V.I.P

• gb United Kingdom
      Midlands

• Midlands, UK N-Line T-GDi
Hopefully they will put the right gearbox oil in it, not try to charge you for a clutch, not dent the car....

But good result :D

Offline spanners

• 1st Gear

• gb United Kingdom
      Coventry
Yes, it's a result.  Many thanks for everyone's help with this issue

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal