i30 Owners Club

Speaker upgrade

Offline Sam schroepfer24

• 2nd Gear

• england England
      Kent
Hi there I own the Hyundai i30 1.6 turbo 3door version and I m looking to upgrade my speakers and possibly the stereo but I dunno how to remove the rear speakers, I was hoping someone could help
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hyundai i30 1.6 turbo petrol 3dr manual white

Offline Dazzler

• Admin
  • Laughter is the best medicine...

• au Australia
      Devonport Tasmania

• Best Car Forum on the Net
Welcome Sam,

I'm sure others who regularly upgrade their audio will chime in but here's my 2 cents worth.

Most door trims are secured the same way and there would be heaps of videos on youtube including Hyundai models and even some i30 ones I would guess showing how to remove them so you can access the speakers. Generally there are couple of screws holding the trim around the inside door handle. Remove those, then carefully use a medium flat screwdriver or trim tool to carefully prise the bottom of the door trim away from the door frame (usually held by push clips) keep your eye out for any screws though just in case. Then lift the trim away from the door frame enough to clear the interior handle and the top of the door trim can be carefully slid out from the window gully. To remove the trim altogether you will need to disconnect the Electric window and mirror connectors Etc..

Watch some Youtube videos to pick up the finer points.
  • 2021 MG PHEV ( had 4 x i30 plus a Getz an Elantra and a Tucson)

Offline Sam schroepfer24

• 2nd Gear

• england England
      Kent
Welcome Sam,

I'm sure others who regularly upgrade their audio will chime in but here's my 2 cents worth.

Most door trims are secured the same way and there would be heaps of videos on youtube including Hyundai models and even some i30 ones I would guess showing how to remove them so you can access the speakers. Generally there are couple of screws holding the trim around the inside door handle. Remove those, then carefully use a medium flat screwdriver or trim tool to carefully prise the bottom of the door trim away from the door frame (usually held by push clips) keep your eye out for any screws though just in case. Then lift the trim away from the door frame enough to clear the interior handle and the top of the door trim can be carefully slid out from the window gully. To remove the trim altogether you will need to disconnect the Electric window and mirror connectors Etc..

Watch some Youtube videos to pick up the finer points.
Thank you very much this helps a lot

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
For the 3 dr if I remember correctly the installer had to remove the backseat on mine to allow the rear side panels to be peeled back from the b pillar, you need to remove the B pillar door seal and plastic scuff panel.

Offline Sam schroepfer24

• 2nd Gear

• england England
      Kent
For the 3 dr if I remember correctly the installer had to remove the backseat on mine to allow the rear side panels to be peeled back from the b pillar, you need to remove the B pillar door seal and plastic scuff panel.
Thank you very much

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal