i30 Owners Club

Waze stops working when using Apple CarPlay.

Offline JacobT89

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Not sure if this belongs in the right thread but is anyone experiencing issues with Waze where it stops working after a while when using it through Apple CarPlay.

It would work at first, but then it would stop tracking my location and it would just stop at a particular place along my route. Everything else works such as the speed and warnings.

Not sure if it makes a difference but I’m driving a 2018 PD Active.
  • 2018 PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0L, Auto, Red

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
Was there a Waze update that may have started the problem?

There is also an issue with iOS 13 where the phone will heat up and freeze causing a lockout on the head unit and the phone then requires a restart to cure, once plugged back into car play the problem usually repeats itself again fairly quickly.

A work around that seems to be working for me the last couple of weeks without fail is to disable all options under Settings - Music - Mobile Data, don't ask me why turning off mobile data helps but it does in my case :Dunno:

Offline JacobT89

• 2nd Gear

• au Australia
      Brisbane
Was there a Waze update that may have started the problem?

There is also an issue with iOS 13 where the phone will heat up and freeze causing a lockout on the head unit and the phone then requires a restart to cure, once plugged back into car play the problem usually repeats itself again fairly quickly.

A work around that seems to be working for me the last couple of weeks without fail is to disable all options under Settings - Music - Mobile Data, don't ask me why turning off mobile data helps but it does in my case :Dunno:

Yeah it seems as though the problem was a Waze update because I took it back to an earlier version and it's working fine now.

I can't say I've ever experienced that issue, mine is 13.3.1, but I have noticed a connectivity issue once or twice where Apple CarPlay would stop working because the phone disconnected even though the cable was still plugged in.

Hopefully there are some patches soon that fix those issues.
  • 2018 PD 5 Door Hatch, Petrol 2.0L, Auto, Red

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
I get that disconnect now and again as well, it’s done it for years :rolleyes:

I’m also on 13.3.1 and hoping :Good_luck: 13.4 will be the fix and not another crap update.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 04:20:10 by CraigB »

Offline mrpayner

• 3rd Gear

• au Australia
      Ballarat
seems as though the problem was a Waze update because I took it back to an earlier version

How would you do that, please?
  • 2019 Hyundai i30 N-Line Premium - 1.6lt T - DCT - Fluidic Metal

Offline CraigB

• Global Moderator

• au Australia
      Perth, WA
seems as though the problem was a Waze update because I took it back to an earlier version

How would you do that, please?
Restore an earlier backup via iTunes

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal