i30 Owners Club

Anoying noise on the left front wheel

Offline tfernandes

• 1st Gear

• Brazil
Hi,
I'm new here.. I own a Hyundai i30 2010 here in Brazil and I have an anoying issue
Firstly sorry about my English, it's a challenge to know car parts in English  :lol:

Well ... The left wheel when going through a gap makes a noise , like something breaking/cracking .. the problem occurs with the wheels pointing forward) ..
So I thought it could be the CV Joint, but I hear that a problem on the CV joint only makes noise when turning the wheel.

I took the car to the mechanic and he tested the suspension, suspension dudes, ball joint and everything is normal, would anyone know what this could be?

I heard that it can be the cv joint's clamp (idk if it's the right name, attached below) , does anyone know to solve this problem?

• Hyundai I30

Offline nzenigma

• Top Gear

• au Australia
      QLD
Hi mate, The CV noise on the turn IS the usual sign of wear. However, they occasionally make noise in straight ahead. You would probbaly hear a loud click when moving from forward to reverse.

The metal collar you show is part of the grease seal. Not likely to make a loud noise if scraping.
From what you say, I would look at the wheel bearing. Have had one fail after a hard hit while driving.. Good start would be to see if the nut is still tight.

added: Also check brake caliper. Any missing springs? Pad loose?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 00:06:12 by nzenigma »
  • FD 2.0L CW (office); GD 1.8L & CRDi; BMW Z3 M; Audi A4 Quattro; Nissan 350Z HR

Unread Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal